Monday, April 16, 2012

Where do I BEGIN!!

                             
                  *I thought this quote was funny, this is totally how I have been feeling lately*

Ohh my GOODNESS, where do I even start!! So I haven't blogged in what feels like FOREVER.. Things have been SUPER CRAZY so I'm just gonna start with what I remember:) I am gonna try and separate everything and have each event with its own post.. There might be a ton of posts so get ready!! :O)

So lets go back to Friday April 6, 2012:O) Kaj and I pretty much had a peaceful night.. We were both sleeping pretty well, which doesn't happen very often...  (I sooo love nights like that).... I got up for one of SEVERAL nightly potty trips but this time it was different I felt like more "came out" than just what was in my bladder.. (sorry i know this stuff can feel like "a little" TMI sometimes).. but I decided to wake Kaj up and tell him what *I thought* was happening.. (my WATER BROKE, at 3:15am) I of course say it in kind of a casual way, "Honey I think my water might have broken" and as hes coming out of his deep sleep, "what do you mean? :O)" I wasn't for sure so I layed back down to get some rest, but almost instantly there was water everywhere, bed was visably wet and when I stood up water just kept coming out, so Kaj and I both knew we needed to get to the hospital LIKE STAT!!!!

We didn't really pack any bags, Kaj called my mom and once she got to the house we were off! Since I was only 31 weeks on Friday, we had to go to the Murray Hospital to deliver, they "supposedly" have one of the best NICU's in the valley. I wasn't having bad contractions, I mean I had been on bed rest for a solid week or 2 now and I had been having contractions that whole time so it wasn't anything stronger than what I had already been feeling. When we got to the hospital they took forever checking me in:) and when we finally made it to a room they checked me and said I was a 3+ almost a 4 dilated and about 75% effaced.. For me usually my deliveries go super FAST after my water brakes and usually once I'm a 4 I go straight to a 10 in like 30 min so I wasn't expecting to last very long. The nurses and doctors however had other plans they decided they wanted to try and stop the delivery and see if we could make it to 34 weeks gestation. Since my water had broken I wasn't allowed to leave the hospital so I was on 100% bed rest until I delivered. They gave me a MILLION IV's some with medicine to stop the contractions, others with medications to fight infection (just in case there was an infection) and then my theory is they threw a few more bags of fluid just for fun.. :O) kaj of course fell asleep on little bench while we waited and WAITED and WAITED to find out what the doctors wanted to do with me:) I spent 1 night and 1 full day in the labor and delivery triage waiting to see if my contractions would stop and when or if I was going to go into full on labor. They decided moved me upstairs to the "recovery" floor since my contractions had slowed down a little bit and things were looking relatively "safe" for now. Kaj had to go home to take care of the kids with my mom, who was working round the clock with her actual job, helping kaj, and trying to keep her house running while she wasn't there. All in All mom and Kaj were trying to hold down the fort  and I was left to fend for myself and try to do everything I could to keep little Tallin in for as long as I could............


No comments:

Post a Comment