Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Conference :O)



                                   


 LUCKY FOR ME, it was conference weekend this week!! I LOVE CONFERENCE:O) .. and I've been missing the spiritual upliftment that comes from Sunday meetings, so this came just in time!!! Yet, for some reason this time around didn't go as smoothly as last Oct, but the kids are still soo young and 2 days of conference and 4 sessions is alot to sit through at their ages..

Sat the boys watched the 1st session of conference, which turned into more of a wrestling match for the older boys. Ryker was sooo busy thinking about his 1st soccer practice he could hardly stand it, and Bri, well he's just a 3 yr old. Needless to say I didn't get to hear even ONE full talk the 1st session. As I was trying to come up with a few more things the boys could do for the remaining sessions, my WONDERFUL sister called and asked if she could take the 3 boys to the zoo. I was a little hesitant but being on bed rest and needing my spiritual cup to be filled Kaj and I agreed to let them go:) It was SOOO NICE to be able to just relax and listen to all of our wonderful leaders.

When Sunday morning rolled around the boys once again struggled to sit down even with all the activities I had for them: Bingo, conference packets, dry erase boards, candy baggies, lace cards, quiet books with dry erase crayons..... needless to say I missed a lot of the talks on the Sunday morning session also (PS I AM SOOOO GLAD I CAN GO BACK AND LISTEN TO ALL OF THE TALKS ON THE CHURCH WEBSITE, and in a month I will be able to read all of them in the ensign) ... The boys were actually a little better for the afternoon session, I think it was because we invited Uncle Ryan and Aunt Christine over to watch the afternoon session, the boys had them drawing almost the full 2 hours... ohh well, It kept them busy and very happy.. The afternoon session was PERFECT FOR ME THOUGH!!  I loved all the talks on parenting and I cant wait to go back and listen to them all again..

I am soo very grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that the leaders of this church are called by God and I cant put into words how much it means to me to know that there is a LIVING prophet on this earth that receives revelation for this dispensation. President Monson is such a great example to me and I know that his ultimate goal is to see each and every one of us make it back to the Kingdom of Heaven. I want nothing more than for my children to be with Kaj and I for eternity! I want them to be happy and find joy in living the gospel. I hope that my children know just how much I love each of them, they are the GREATEST BLESSINGS in my life and I wouldn't be who I am today without each one of there sweet spirits in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment