Thursday, April 19, 2012

Weekly update:)

                                        

If you've seen my recent posts then you probably know things are pretty crazy around here.. I thought it would be a little easier to just do a weekly update with everything going on. So here we go......

Tallin is doing GREAT!!! He is gaining weight, he is currently 3lbs 14oz, which means he is already past his birth weight.. AMAZING!! He no longer has the IV for supplement,  and he is transitioning from the incubator to a regular crib. He does pretty well but occasionally he needs the warmer because his temperature drops. He is on "phase 1" of the 4 step eating process (this is by far the thing that takes the longest) in order for him to be able to come home he has to pass all 4 phases.. Right now they only let him eat 2 bottles in a 24 hour period and today he ate BOTH BOTTLES GONE (he is only *required* to eat 75% of each bottle during every phase, and they told me he wouldn't be able to do it because he was still to little! THEY WERE WRONG:) he has to do this for 2 days and then he can move onto the next "phase" which will be 4 bottles in a 24 hour period and he has to do that for 2 days..  and then it goes up from there...:) once Tallin can keep his body temperature on his own and once he graduates all of the "eating phases" then he can COME HOME!! :O) I am hoping a week and a half, maybe 2 before we get to bring him home. CROSSING MY FINGERS!!!!

We got Kynlie's MRI results back tonight! SHE LOOKS GREAT, healthy and happy. NO SPINA BIFIDA!!!!! I KNOW that her being ok was 1 of many miracles Heavenly Father has given our family this week. I mentioned in my earlier posts how grateful I am for the priesthood but yep I'm gonna say it again!!! I feel so blessed to be in a church where the priesthood is still present, I know that Kynlie having a blessing had a huge impact on the outcome of this situation.  (There was most definitely a pocket of fluid and 2 doctors had come up with the same conclusion, she HAD spina bifida... She had been struggling for a few days and things just didn't seem right. IT WAS DEFINITELY SOMETHING, SOMETHING WASN'T RIGHT!!) After my grandpa gave Kynlie her blessing I mentioned I felt a feeling of peace and comfort and I was afraid to say it then, but I KNEW she would be ok!! It is soo crazy to me how Present Heavenly Father is during the trials in our lives, if we just take the time to turn to him for guidance and comfort he will give us exactly what we need. I am so grateful for my testimony of a Loving Father in Heaven, I know Heavenly Father knows ME, He knows me by name! He knows all of my doubts, all of my fears, all of my feelings of inadequacy, He knows my struggles and YET He knows how to make it all ok. Heavenly Father knows what is best for my family and if we just have FAITH in HIM and HIS plan everything will work out EXACTLY the way that He wants it too.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Nikki! I am a cryin again! I love you, I love Kaj, and I love your sweet testimony! You are such a wonderful person and mom and doing the right things, I know our Heavenly Father has blessed you with those babies for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bristy, you are sooo sweet, we definitely miss you guys!! I hope everything is going ok with your cute little fam, and all of the extended family:) ** Things have been crazy but I guess this is just in the cards for us right now.. thanks for thinking of us:O)

    ReplyDelete