Monday, April 16, 2012

One of the hardest days of my life!! I dont know how it is gonna work out but I know that it will.

                                          

Tues April 10th 2012, Yep you guessed it more doctors visits!! This week was crazy with me being in the hospital and Tallin being born and having to be in the NICU all we needed was another one of the kids to have to be taken into the Dr... Well thats exactly what happened, Kaj was at the hospital visiting when we got a phone call from my mom saying that Pipa was really cranky and that she might have another cyst that we needed to have looked at by the Dr. Kaj immediately ran home (since her last cyst was kind of a bad deal, Kaj didnt want to waste anytime getting her in to see the Doc).. Kaj made an appt for that night (TUES at 5:30) and what comes next NONE OF US WERE EXPECTING!!

The after hours Doc that saw Kynlie looked Kaj right in the eyes and told him that what we thought was a cyst was actually a pocket of spinal fluid. She said that Kynlie had spina bifida and that by the time she was a teenager she would probably be a quadriplegic. She had the other Doctor that was on call come into the room to look at the cyst and he also told Kaj he thought it was spina bifida. They told Kaj to immediately start Kynlie on antibiotics and to get her scheduled for an ultrasound ASAP, and then after the ultrasound she was going to need an MRI. Kaj PANICKED!! I mean who wouldn't, he was just told that his daughter, (only girl mind you) was going to be stuck in a wheel chair for most of her life and there is nothing he can do about it. Kaj called me to tell me what the doctors had said and that he felt like she needed a blessing.... After I heard the news I was a MESS!!! Kynlie my only daughter would be confined to a wheel chair, WHAT?!? this is all so sudden, how could this be happening?! AND my youngest son is in the NICU only a day old fighting like crazy to get stable and figure out how to survive at only 32 weeks old... (and here I am laying in the hospital bed in excruciating pain and not being able to do anything for either of them!!) I cant even begin to describe how hard that is for me, or for any mother, not being able to help your children when it seems like they sooo DESPERATELY need you!!!!! 

Kaj immediately called my grandpa and uncle and they decided to do the blessing at the hospital so that we could kind of give everyone a blessing all at the same time. :O) My grandpa gave Kynlie a blessing because Kaj was a little overwhelmed with everything, then Kaj gave me a blessing (I always get teary eyed when he gives me blessings, they are always soo spiritual... I cant even begin to express how grateful I am that he holds the priesthood, I have seen it bless our family on SOO MANY OCCASIONS.) then next my grandpa gave Kaj a blessing and lastly Tallin got a blessing.. Its hard to put the feeling into words but I felt a huge feeling of relief and peace after everything was done.. Even if Kynlie does have spina bifida (we don't know anything for sure yet) everything will be ok.. I JUST KNOW IT!!

Kaj scheduled Kynlie's ultrasound and when he took her in on Wed the cyst or pocket of "spinal fluid" WAS GONE!!! Kaj and my mom were both in shocked, IT WAS THERE YESTERDAY and now all of the sudden it was gone. The ultrasound tech did an ultrasound on the area where the cyst was but said that he couldn't really see anything abnormal and he didn't think we should worry about anything. After talking to my brother who works with some amazing Doctors in California and after talking to Kaj, we decided we couldn't just let this go. Some of the Doctors that know my brother said the only way to KNOW FOR SURE if someone has or doesn't have spina bifida is from an MRI. Kaj immediately heard that and said that we needed to MAKE SURE there is nothing wrong and if the only way to do that is an MRI then that's what we have to do. As for now it is a waiting game with her. She has days where she seems overly cranky and like something might be bothering her and other days where she seems like she is just a normal 1 year old!!

Her MRI is set for Thurs so if you have time for a few extra prayers we would REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

7 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine all that you are going through right now and you sound so strong and so spiritual. Defiantly a great example for me. I will make sure there are prayers going out for your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness Nikki!!!! I can't even imagine. Let me know if there is anything else I can do. Prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Nikki. That is so scary. I can't even begin to imagine how hard that must be for your sweet family. I will pray for you everyday until this is resolved. I will put your name on the temple prayer roll. Have faith. Talk to Tracy who knows what it's like to have a child with a major health crisis. I love that the blessings of the Lord are so real. I pray that the pocket of spinal fluid has been permanently removed by the hand of God and that your baby girl will be just fine. ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, dabesteni is me -- Beth Low. The screen name is a combination of the first letters in each of my family members names. DAve, BEth, STEve, NIkki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki, I don't even have words!! Our family sends our love and we will have you in our thoughts and prayers. You have always been an amazing mother I could look up to. Your family is coming together and I see that the central characteristic for you all is strength! Love you Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm serioulsy sobbing and praying for you right now! I'm so glad Kaj has the priesthood and your family is so close. You are an amazing couple, and I know God will bless you!

    ReplyDelete