Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mid week date night:)

I  am seriously in AWE at how much my sweet neighbors and ward members do for our family.. They seriously go above and beyond to help us out. This week alone I had a sweet friend Nikki Spiers bring me a diet coke (this may seem small to you but it was HUGE to me), then the wonderful RS president brought over a blanket and burp cloth for Tallin, and of course the biggest one for me was the young women coming over for their mutual night (It makes my heart soo happy to see the youth volunteer there time to help others) They gave us a 25$ gift card to chilis (curtosy of the bishop) and watched our kids for 3 hours so we could go out to dinner and have some time away. I really hope that I NEVER forget how much love and support I got/felt from my friends, family and ward members. I want my children to remember how much service and love was shown to us during the time in our lives that seemed to be a "little to much to bare" on our own. I am soo grateful for the gospel and the wonderful members of our ward/community that go out of there way to make sure that others are taken care of. Most of them dont even know how much they have effected my life and how much I admire and truely love them. I hope that I can teach my children the importance of service, I have such a strong testimony of "lightening the load for others" and "sharing there burdens" and over the last couple years that testimony has grown even more as people have so willingly went out of there way to "lighten our load".. 

Heavenly Father gives us trials but he doesnt expect us to go through them alone, not only is he with us every step of the way, he puts people in our lives that he knows will listen to his promitings and be "His helping hands" here on earth.  I hope years from now my kids and I will be the ones to be serving someone else in need. I hope that we can look back on this time in our lives and see Heavenly Fathers love being manifuested through all of the wonderful people that He put in our lives..

Here are a few pictures of "mom and dad's date night" just in case you kiddos are wondering what we do when we are not at home:)

1st: mom spends hours and hours getting ready and trying to find the perfect outfit!

Then I make dad take a few self portraits of us  

Kids just so you know this is your dad's idea of "romantic", when your older and dating (BOYS) dont do this its NOT CUTE:O) Just sayin!!

a few more pictures of dad being silly/romantic.. good thing he's soo darn "Good Lookin'.. his romance skills could use some work:)

MOM ALWAYS gets dessert, just so you know:)

and I always make random strangers take pictures for us/me:)

and then I make dad work on his photography skills, just cause I know he doesnt like to do it.

and YEP mom and dad still kiss:O) and we LIKE IT..

and then to finish off the night: we fall asleep to a really bad romantic movie:) ...because if I cant have the romance, I at least want to watch it on TV....... and if you can't tell by this post I really like to give your dad a hard time:) but in reality he's a wonderful husband and I love him dearly!

2 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I love that idea of having the YW come over to watch the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Cami, it was seriously soo sweet. Our young women are the best:)

    ReplyDelete