Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Count your blessings:) the financial burden





Just when you think you've cashed in all that you can from the Lord, he continues to pour out more tender mercies. When you are in the hospital and worried about your child's life and well being anything and everything that the hospital can do is MORE THAN WELCOME, and they sure did their fare share of tests on Tallin: MRI, Lumbar puncture, 2 Xray's EVERYDAY for 2 weeks, and multiple labs, while in the hospital I was more than happy that they were "covering" all of there bases and doing everything humanly possible to help my baby but now that we are out its back to REALITY. All of those tests cost MONEY and LOTS of it. Kaj and I received a bill from his NICU stay at the murray IMC and that bill alone was 140,000 (before insurance, but still our portion was not going to be small). Before I left the hospital yesterday I talked to a few case workers about what was available for help and if we would qualify, the social worker helped me fill out some paperwork for Utah Medicaid and also gave me another form for intermountain in case we didn't qualify, (which by the looks of it we probably dont) when I told Kaj that I looked at there income maximums and that I didn't think we would qualify I think the only thing that ran through his mind was PURE PANIC.
But all was put to rest when he got a call from the insurance company this afternoon:) :) they were calling to inform us that we had a family combined deductable of $3,600 which we have CLEARLY already met, (between Kynlie's issues and a few of Tallin's issues).. They told us that EVERYTHING ELSE from this year will be COVERED IN FULL, so that includes my labor and delivery, tallins nicu stay and his picu stay, and anything else that might come up in the next year:)!!! Kaj said that he clarified with the lady about 5 times just because he couldn't believe everything else would be covered and  that we won't have to pay anything else out of pocket.. The last time Kaj and I talked to the insurance company we thought they had told us we had a "Cap" on our insurance. We have been SOO NERVOUS because we are almost over that cap now and that was without any bills from primary's. This is most definitely not an accident and/or a coincidence, I know that Heavenly Father has heard my prayers and knows our family and our needs. I am soo grateful for my husband and his testimony of tithing, no matter how hard things get and how many bills stack up he always pays our tithing FIRST. I know that this is a blessing and a tender mercy given to us from a loving HEAVENLY FATHER. There is no possible way we would be able to pay all of these medical bills on top of trying to get into a new home, since our lease is up in Sept:) My HEART is overly happy today. The weight that has been lifted off our shoulders is HUGE.
Now its time to CELEBRATE, Tallin is home and Dugi's birthday is FRIDAY:O)...





               
                                             


                                     


 

2 comments: