Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday Night FHE:) This year I am GOING to be on top of Family Home Evening!! Today I was browsing the Internet for a lesson. I know we are studying the book of Mormon and the lesson was supposed to be out of Nephi. I thought I would use a lesson that hits a little closer to home this week. We have had the Honesty talk A LOT in our home: who hit who?, where did you find that toy?, did you brush your teeth?, did you take a toy from grandma's house without asking? THIS IS THE BIG ONE FOR MY KIDS. Ryker has done this a couple of times in the past but this time it was Briyler. So we thought talking about honesty and not taking things that aren't ours would be a good reminder for both of them:).......THEY LOVED IT!! (you can find the whole lesson here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/35598721/Honesty-FHE-Lesson) 1st: I printed out the "Honesty Pays" game board and all of the other attachments 2nd: I explained that I was going to read a "situation" and they had to give me a "thumbs up" if it was good or a "thumbs down" if it was bad. If they drew a card that was a thumbs up they got a blessing buck, and at the end of the game whoever had the most blessing bucks WINS.. The boys had SOO MUCH FUN playing I think I might use this idea and create a couple new board games with different topics.:) After the game its everyones FAVORITE PART of FHE:  TREATS..  (I am gonna have to thank the gas station for the premade donuts.. haha.)  After the boys each consumed a WHOLE donut to themself we desired to rent a movie to all wind down.. Nothing like ending your night with little SMURFS!! We had soo much fun and I cant wait to start planning something for next week:O)


 game board

donuts!!

FINISH THE NIGHT OFF WITH A MOVIE:) **I really have no idea where that Dallas Cowboys shirt came from.. sorry dad!

1 comment: