Tuesday, January 31, 2012

FHE: "Love one Another"

 FHE: "Love one Another"


Yep its that time of week... Time to start fresh, begin the week off with an awesome lesson and some super fun family time. We decided since its getting close to valentines day to focus on Love (most importantly at home) the boys find it easy to Love people outside of our home, for instance: Grandma, Grandpa, church leaders, school friends, primary friends, even my visiting teacher:),  but when it comes to being kind to each other and loving other family members they sometimes struggle.. Its not as easy to love your brother when he just took the toy you really wanted, or when mom tells you no more snacks we are having dinner soon, or when dad tells you its time to clean up and get ready for bed, those are just a few of the times they struggle with there "loving attitudes" turning to mean and not so nice attitudes.. I"m sure most children struggle during those times too but I wanted to make sure this month our family focus' on being kind and loving each other even when its not so easy.

Being that is the month for Love Kaj and I made these pottery barn "look alike" envelopes.. They still need a few last min touches but we are going to hang them on the back of each kids chair starting Feb 1st. Every morning the kids are gonna be able to get in there envelope and read or maybe even see a picture that mom and dad wrote/drew for them telling them how much we love and appreciate them... We are gonna let the boys take a few min every Mon night to be able to write or draw things for each other and or for mom and dad and then leave them in that persons envelope.. I think it will definitely help us all feel more loved and appreciated:)

(hopefully before the end of the month I'll have my mom embroider the kids names on them, oh and Kaj will never admit it but he did the stiching around the edge of each one.. Thanks honey, I know you really DIDNT WANT TO DO THAT:)

So here is how our  Lesson and activity went
Song: Jesus wants me for a sunbeam, (of course)
Lesson: I printed off a story I found online, laminated the pictures and told the story that belonged to each picture. The story was the story of Christs life and how he loved everyone.

sorry there goes my problem with not being able to flip the pictures:( (i save them the right way on my computer before uploading them but for some reason when i use the add image icon it automatically flips them the wrong way and wont let me change it)

The lesson was a little bit of a struggle this week. The boys didn't want to sit down and listen to story so we did the best we could but I'm sure when its time to bring this story back out in the future it will feel brand new to them:) I don't think they heard a thing I said. :) :)

Game: love one another card game
the object of the game is to get the most "Love one Another" slips.. You take turns drawing cards from the deck provided, and then you have to figure out if what the card said was Loving or not so Loving.. If it was a good card you get to take however many "love one another" slips they card tells you if it was a bad card then you have a consequence which sometimes requires you to put some of your "love one another" slips back:( or give them to a neighbor.. the boys LOVED the card game. Briyler didn't quite understand it, or he was just bored, but he kept trying to give away his slips.. :) Ryker was really into it though, he loved when i read him his card trying to figure out if it was a good card or a bad card. :O)


and then of course last but not least TREATS: YUM YUM we decided to let the boys get messy with there favorite treat.. Chocolate fondue with fruit!! SOO GOOD and really no prep time at all:O)

                                   UMMM, I made the boys wait for me to take a picture:) haha                                                                     

dad I wouldn't let dugi get into the chocolate until he takes his clothes off..

                                      and this is clean compared to how he looked at the end.. \
                                                   
                                           And just because I LOVE HER SOO MUCH!!!

                                 my sweet baby girl, just hanging out watching everyone else have all the fun!

Thanks for stopping by everyone.. All our LOVE!!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Megan!!!! How are you liking Boston? I Love all of your fun pics your posting!! :O)

      Delete