Wednesday, January 25, 2012

FHE "obtaining the plates"

(sorry I cant seem to figure out how to rotate the picture)

I meant to post this sooner but the babies have all been fighting the stomach flu..... EEEW, they are finally starting to feel better, so lets hope we don't pass it around again. :O) My new years resolution was to actually "PREPARE" more fun/educational Family Home Evenings.. This past week was really hard, I was feeling a LITTLE tired and we had a really busy weekend and I procrastinated far tooo long. So when I found this lesson, already prepared by someone else, I thought ohh what a blessing!! The best part is that this lesson had a flannel board story attached..  The boys LOVE flannel board stories, so of course I jumped all over this lesson. I cut out and laminated all of the pieces (super easy) and then I decided to use some cut outs I found from my mom to help pick our song. (we usually since Jesus wants me for a sunbeam or I hope they call me on a mission) great songs but we sing them EVERY WEEK!!! Ryker chose the song this week and it was "if your happy and you know it" MAN I wish I had a video recorder, Kaj and I were seriously dying on the floor laughing while the boys were doing it.. SUPER CUTE!! (and its soo funny what actions you can get them to do when you put the words in a song) And then of course we read the story out of our scriptures, both boys got to repeat the versus that I gave them and we traded off each reading 1 or 2 until we finished the story.

opening prayer- was said by Bri

song- "if your happy and you know it"

Lesson- Obtaining the plates- found from here: http://confessionsofaslackermom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Week-34.pdf
closing prayer- ryker

treat: FUNFETTI COOKIES ( I made these last week but ended up giving most of them to families in our ward.. the boys were soo sad, so I decided to make a whole batch just for them.. minus a few for a friend that they dont know about, SHHHH) :O)

"MMMMM MMM
 how can you not love this kid!!

Yep funfetti cookies with frosting and sprinkles.. :)

So far SOOO GOOD!!! I am loving the family time that we are spending together and I love watching the boys get into the church lessons. I think this was the perfect resolution for our family!!

1 comment:

  1. Great fhe Nikki! Your family is so sweet. I have such a strong testimony of family home evening, you are a wonderful mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete