Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Noahs Ark FHE



I struggled a little bit last night, after making homemade chicken nuggets for the boys and a copycat Rubi's recipe for me and Kaj, (it was delish) but I WAS BEAT!!!! The last thing I wanted to do was prepare a HUGE, FUN, and ELABORATE FHE, ok so that was an exaggeration most of our FHE's are pretty simple but I decided to keep this one SUPER SIMPLE..Kajsen has been loving the story of Noah's Ark lately so that's what we went with.. :)

First up we read the story of Noah's Ark (from our Baby's First Bible book, its perfect for their age groups right now) and then we talked about what it meant.. We talked about how people were making pretty poor choices during that time but Noah stood up for what he believed in. He was faithful in keeping the commandments and he did what the Lord asked him to do and in the end he was saved. I think its such a great example of standing for who you are, even if  sometimes you have to stand alone. Your friends and or peers might not always be making the best of choices but its important for you to STAND UP for what is right. In the end if you do your best and follow the commandments you will be blessed. I really hope that this is something my children will understand as they get older. It is soo much easier to stand up to your friends or the people that you love if you know your doing what your Father in Heaven would want you to be doing.

Ok so for the activity, I cut up a book of animals (that was pretty much on its last limb anyway). Then I hid the animals in the back yard and the kids had to go find the animals and put them "on the Ark" (which was our play airplane outside).. The boys loved finding all the animals and they thought it was soo funny that I kept calling the "airplane" and "ark"... I'm still trying to teach them how to use there imaginations, everything is quite literal for them right now.. haha

After our activity we came inside and read another book.. This one is all about Noah's Ark, "A" is for "Ark", DUGI LOVES THIS BOOK!!!!! And he really LOVES "N" is for "NOAH" for some reason:) it went great with the lesson so I'm glad he enjoys it so much....

THEN it was TREAT TIME.. since I spent more time than usual on dinner I didn't want to make a treat either so I made these SUPER EASY chocolate pretzels:) The kids thought they were the best:)

The kids LOVE this book, Dugi especially (this is his "Jesus Book").. They love the pictures and most of the stories are only 2-3 pages long.. So its perfect for their attention level.

Another one of Dugi's favorites (the "NOAH" book).. he yells "NOAH" until you turn it to the "N" page and read about Noah:)

Our animals!

"But mom this isnt a boat"

COW!!! Another one of Dugi's LOVES! (and as you can tell with 5 small kids its a little bit hard to take care of the lawn too:)

Bri finding more animals

Dugi was really upset we didnt have a boat. maybe next time I'll try harder to create something that looks more like a boat:)

Kynlie likes to be inside

DESSERT TIME!!

"Dugi dessert has to stay in the kitchen"...  his response "PAWEESEEE"

Kynlie loves her food.

as you can see I REALLY didnt want to cook.. haha

After everything was done, Dugi wanted to sit down and read his "Jesus Book"



No comments:

Post a Comment