Friday, August 17, 2012

Angry Bird's FHE


So I know its Thurs but we had to change up our regular Monday night FHE because Ryker was with his dad. We cant go having FHE's without him, he makes it sooo much more fun:)

Tonight I had a super fun dinner planned to go along with our Angry Bird's lesson, Angry Bird PIZZA!!! What kid wouldn't want that!! I have seen the pizza's a few different places, and our sweet cousin Kimi (who just had her baby girl YESTERDAY!) did this a few weeks ago with her kids.. I used her idea, on the portion that doesn't have sauce she put butter, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella.. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! The kids thought it was the coolest thing EVER:)

Angry Bird PIZZA!!

we couldn't just have 1, he needed little friends:)

He tasted just as good as he looked!


Next up for the lesson, I thought it would be a good idea to talk to the kids about controlling our emotions.. This lesson is just as much for ME as it is for them.. Sometimes I get soo overwhelmed that I over react to the silliest of things. I try my hardest to control it but sometimes it just gets the best of me. One thing I try REALLY hard to do when this happens is to sit the kids down and talk about what I was feeling, most of the time its followed up by me apologizing for my actions and making sure that each of them knows how much I love them and that I'm trying my hardest..  I feel like for boys especially, its important to show them how to express there emotions, even if they aren't always good ones.. I want them to know that it's ok to feel angry, mad or even sad, but I really want them to know how to control those emotions when they come up.. This lesson is all about proper reactions or things that you can/should do when your feeling certain emotions. I got this lesson from here: http://thehometeacher.blogspot.com/2012/02/dont-be-angry-bird-free-printables.html, so if you would like to go download any of the printables I used they are ALL HERE and they are FREE!! WOOO HOOO!!!

Angry Bird emotions

The boys had to match the angry emotion to the picture and then "name a cool down strategy":)

the angry birds book, (I didn't get to coloring the pictures, ooops)


After the lesson I had a fun game of Angry Birds planned.:) The kids have to identify what emotion on each cup and then they get to "bowl" with the angry bird head..... They had a hard time waiting until they had identified EVERY emotion on the cups but they did a really good job trying:)

angry bird bowling:) the BOYS LOVED IT!!


Opening Prayer: Kajsen

song: Oops I forgot

Lesson: Controlling your emotions

Game: angry bird bowling

Closing prayer: Ryker

TREAT!!!- crescent roll smores!! I found the recipe on pinterest, and to be honest they looked a lot better than they tasted:( BOOOO

next time we we stick to regular ol smores:) Cant beat em!!

Dugi wanted to say cheese;) he's been making these cute little faces lately!

Briyler with his VERY OWN angry bird pizza

Kynlie girl!!!

Dugi LOVES HIS DADDY!!

Ryker, HUH we get to have a lesson on ANGRY BIRDS.. SWEET!!

Angry Bird bowling!!

True angry bird style

Bri eating dessert

They are such good friends

LOVE THESE BOYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment