Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tangled FHE, sons and daughters of a KING.


I have been saving up this SUPER CUTE FHE!! I waited and waited and I planned it for tonight forgetting that Ryker had to leave to go with his dad LAST NIGHT:( :( I am super bummed he missed it because the kids ABSOLUTELY LOVED this FHE..

I cant take ANY credit for this, my DEAR friend Tonii Johnson over at http://ptskjohnson.blogspot.com "blue skies ahead" was the brains behind this super fun night... She posted this FHE lesson a while back and I saved it so I could re create the fun with my kids.. Go check out her original post for the printables.. http://ptskjohnson.blogspot.com/2011/04/tangled-family-home-evening.html

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the movie Tangled! The movie portrays such a wonderful message, which in my mind is hard to find these days. A beautiful young girl is born of royal birth. However, as she gets older she is told lie after lie to keep her from reaching her full potential. She struggles between believing these lies or going out on her own and finding out who she really is...only to learn she truly is the daughter of the King. HELLO!! (I don't think I could have said this any better, so I had to use Tonii's description:) We are ALL daughters and sons of a King, and once we are sent to this earth it is so easy to forget. Satan is everywhere around us, trying to deceive us, tear us down, and doubt our divinity at every turn. By listening to these lies we become trapped, and it is only when we realize these lies for what they are that we can fulfill our true missions on earth and rediscover our divine heritage.

I think it is SOOO IMPORTANT to help our children figure out who they REALLY ARE, WHERE they come from, and where they go from here. I think once you know that it is pretty easy to keep on the straight and narrow path. I look back on my life and part of me wishes I would have figured this out a little bit sooner, I wish I would have had a stronger testimony in my younger years of the gospel and I wish that during my teenage years (ESPECIALLY) I had a knowledge of who I  REALLY was and where I came from. It is a personal goal of mine to help my kids figure this out and to help them develop there own testimonies so that when temptations arise or there faith is tested they will be able to stand up for who they are and what they believe.

so here it is Our TANGLED FHE:)

                         Opening Prayer: Tyler

                         Opening song: Popcorn popping on the apricot tree

                          Lesson: We watched the clip in the movie where Rapunzel asks if she can leave the tower and her "mom" tells her lie after lie trying to keep her from leaving the tower and figuring out who she really is.

 Then after we watched this clip we discussed how that clip relates to our lives. We talked about the mean old witch representing Satan, because he tells us lie after lie trying to deceive us and keep us from reaching our full potential. We talked about how we are ALL SONS/DAUGHTERS OF A KING. The kids actually loved relating the movie to themselves and you could kind of see them "getting it".. The smiles on there faces when we talked about them being sons and daughters of a king was PRICELESS!! ( I cant wait to do this lesson AGAIN with Ryker)

                          Activity: I had Kaj take some yarn and string it all around the house (he got pretty CRAZY with the string) I made up 16 cards.. (set of 8) on each card I wrote something that Heavenly Father would have us believe and then on the next card something Satan would try to make us believe. The kids had to read the cards and then figure out which one was from Satan and which one was from Heavenly Father. If they chose the card that had Satan's lies it lead to a dead end but if they chose the card that had Heavenly Fathers words then it lead to the next set of cards.. At the end there were the signs Son of a King and Daughter of a King and the kids crowns.. THE KIDS HAD A BLAST!!!
                                                                                                                                                                Dessert: No bake cookies (requested by RJ) They were delish!!

Here are a few pics to capture the excitement of tonight's FHE!!

Here are the clues attached to different strings, one leading to a dead end the other leading to the next set of cards.. (honestly it took me a while to set up..) haha


I wish I could have got a picture of just how crazy the stings were.. The kids had a blast weaving in and out of all of the lines as they were going from location to location.

FOLLOW THE STRING

Briyler following the string.. it was really cute to see him get into it.

Just because she is the cutest EVER

Briyler loves to yell "MOMMA MOMMA" why I have NO IDEA!

Dad loved the FHE just as much as the kids tonight!

Sweet little Dugi would NOT wear a shirt for anything today!

RJ helping Tyler read the cards and figure out which one is from Satan and which one is from Heavenly Father.


OOHH ANOTHER SET OF CARDS!!

YAY that lead to THIS!! I LOVE IT (the only this missing is Ryker, I am SOO BUMMED he isn't here!!! I bet you cant tell:(

RJ was SOO EXCITED for no bake cookies! I almost missed getting a picture of him because he ate his soo fast:)

MMM that cookie was DELISH!

This is Briylers Serious face.. BAHAHA

Its MOVIE TIME!!

Tyler with his crown. Snuggling up in his blanket for the movie

RJ is WAY to cool to smile!! :P I caught him once but the picture turned out blurry.. DARN IT!!

 Hope you all enjoyed this FHE as much as I did.. LOVE your ideas and LOVE YOU TONII JOHNSON!! Thank you for posting your wonderful FHE ideas, we will have many more FHE's done by her in the future..





No comments:

Post a Comment