Saturday, July 28, 2012

Harding Family Olympics!




I couldn't help myself, with all of the super fun ideas that are floating the Internet right now with the Olympics being so close, I decided to put together our own Family Olympic Games.. It didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped but the kids still had fun (I think) and that is all that really matters. We started off with PIZZA for dinner, and had over both sets of grandparents for the festivities. I made up 6 Olympic events (trying to go with as many ACTUAL events as possible)..

Basketball-   put on shorts, and make 10 baskets

Gymnastics-  do somersaults across the room, and hold a handstand for 30 sec against the wall

Weightlifting-  put on shirt and do 20 bicep curls

Jump rope-  for 30 sec

Figure skating- go across kitchen floor and back

Swimming-  put on swim outfit/goggles and then kick hands and feet for 30 sec

The kids enjoyed all the activities for the most part.. I think next time I will do every event either timed or by reps instead of mixing the two. It made it to hard to rotate and keep track of what event required what..

Here are some fun pictures of our night!! (The kids LOVED that Grandma's and Grandpa's came to watch them perform.. ) :O)

Let the Games Begin!

1 of the stations we had set up

The boys 2 Fav "EVENTS" (basketball and weightlifting)

RJ trying to take his turn while Dugi is trying to steal the ball:)

The shorts fit Malea "PERFECTLY"


Tyler trying to jump rope, all I asked is that you TRY:) You did great TY!

Briyler didn't LOVE the events as much as I thought.. I think it was because we were moving at a faster pace that what I thought with the bigger kids.

RJ putting on the swim suit to get ready to start his swim

Bri and Dugi playing basketball


Tyler with his goggles and swim gear on! My fav activity, the outfit made me laugh.

Tyler getting ready to "Figure Skate"


Malea getting ready for her 30 sec swim

Briyler trying to swim with RJ

Dugi just wanted to read books with grandpa and grandma


Bri made up his own events, this one is Sit ups. He also did jumping jacks and push ups.. haha

Grandma snuggling Tui


The gang, trying to figure out the "opening ceremonies" of the Olympics this year... INTERESTING

RJ and "the Olympic torch"

Malea wanted to be the "statue of liberty", grandma and kaj thought it was pretty funny


Tyler thinks we are all a bunch of CRAZIES:) :)


Briyler thought it was COOL.

And so did Dugi!! :O)

We even let Tallin hold the Olympic torch, with the help of grandpa of course .

Kynlie just wanted to pull the torch apart... Have at it SISTER.

Dad and his little man

Briyler clinging onto grandmas legs cause he doesn't want her to leave, and grandma tickling his belly cause that makes he laugh:)

Kynlie girl!!

Dugi was really upset that football wasn't one of the events.. Next year Dugi, I promise:)

No comments:

Post a Comment