Monday, March 26, 2012

Follow the prophet, FHE


This weeks FHE lesson was a super simple one!

I got the idea and printables from a super AMAZING blog!! Her name is Tonii and I am happy to say she is one of my dear friends and I absolutely adore her:O) She is such a great mom and I love following all of her super fun posts.:) here is the link for her lesson, http://ptskjohnson.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-prophet-family-home-evening.html, go check it out:)

I thought since conference is coming up it would be a great idea to talk to the kids about the prophet and hopefully get them excited about hearing him speak to us this upcoming weekend. I printed out and laminated the picture of president Monson and then we talked about who the prophet is and what he does. Ryker was stunned when I told him that he actually gets to SEE Heavenly Father, and Jesus.. We talked about how he gets revelation for the church and that its his job to "LEAD" us down the right paths so we can eventually make it back to our Heavenly Father... I love the idea that Tonii used, telling her kids that they should ask Heavenly Father in there prayers if President Monson is the true prophet on the earth today.. I think its sooo good to encourage them to find things out for themselves and to build there own testimony of the gospel...  After we were done talking about the prophet we played follow the "LEADER", and whoever was holding the picture of the prophet got to be the leader.. Of course the boys LOVED when it was dads turn to be the leader;) ALL IN ALL it was a GREAT lesson and I am soo glad we get to hear from the prophet this weekend.. I LOVE conference weekends and I am looking forward to spending time with my boys and hopefully teaching them to love conference as much as I do. ...... (we are having fun foods and building our tent to watch conference in.. the boys CANT WAIT)

Ryker got to be the LEADER first:)

Follow the Leader!! Ryker was a good sport and let Bri and Dugi be the leader A LOT.. Thanks Ryke!!

CHEESE!!

I'm the prophet mom... Yikes not exactly what the lesson was saying:)


and then this is how the lesson ended.. Usually bri is the one beating on ryke, but not tonight....

I have no idea what he was doing in this picture.. haha..

 Dad always ready to play:)


Look at that BEAUTIFUL FACE!!

I dont know why, but I LOVE this picture of her.. you can barely see her little tooth and she is smiling soo candidly:)
and the night ended like this:) HOW SWEET!!!

I LOVE spending time as a family!!

2 comments:

  1. I love ya Nikki! You are SO valiant in preparing fhe's for your family...you are a great example to me! I knew we were going to be good friends when I saw you had brought your fhe to the bowling alley...and I was right! :) Totally something I would do ;) You are a wonderful mommy and all those little munchkins are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I bet people thought I was one of those "weird mormon" ladies:) You are the best Tonii, I love ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete