Monday, March 12, 2012

Eventful WEEK, to say the least:)


This week and weekend were quite eventful! Kaj left to go out of town on Monday night and as soon as he left things started to fall apart. Kynlie was diagnosed with Bronchiolitis. Not that uncommon and normally its not a huge concern. Kynlie however decided to get it pretty bad, we did a suction treatment as well as a breathing treatment at the Dr office on Tues when I took her in. They told me that if she needed anymore suction or breathing treatments that I'd have to take her to an out patient facility at the hospital. (no biggy) I think it was wed that I noticed she was starting to get a really high fever along with vomiting and loss of appetite. Wed night was a NIGHTMARE, poor Pipa couldn't sleep because of the congestion and congestion that come along with this virus and she was having a really hard time breathing. To top it off Dugas was starting to come down with a cough and fever as well so he was up the majority of the nigh also, all of that together= very little sleep for MOM.  By Thurs night I was pretty much in a panic, Kynlie's fever had been hovering in the 104 area and she hadn't had hardly any fluids. I called my mom at 2 am and told her that I really thought I needed to take Kynlie in, being the amazing mom that she is she came right over. I called the outpatient facility and they told me that since she had a fever that was so high and she  hadn't been eating I couldn't bring her to there facility, I had to take her straight to the ER!! :( So off we went. (daddy still gone, and mom totally out of it from not sleeping in days) 

** Ohh and in the middle of Kynlies worst day/night Kaj missed his flight!! Kaj started talking to a young returning missionary (who also ended up missing the flight) at the airport and by the time they realised that no one weren't boarding at the gate they was waiting at the plane had already departed from a different gate. They told Kaj he wouldn't be able to get another flight until SATURDAY AFTERNOON (I pretty much LOST IT) .. luckily they found him a flight that put him in Friday afternoon at 4. *better than Saturday but I was still CRAZY OUT OF MY MIND UPSET!!  **ok now back to kynlie......:)

When we got to the hospital, they immediately hooked Kynlie girl up to the monitors and noticed her oxygen level was REALLY LOW and she was pretty dehydrated. So they put on an IV for fluids and then did another suction and breathing treatment that was far more intense than the one we did at the dr office on Tues. They gave her some antibiotics to help her keep food down,  help her fever, and break up some of the mucus that was causing all of the issues. After 6 or 7 hours in the hospital the Dr told me I could either take Kynlie home and monitor her VERY CLOSELY (to make sure her fever didn't spike and she didn't throw up any of the fluids or meds they had given her) or I could take her straight to primary children's hospital and have her admitted since they couldn't do much more for her there(since she's so young.) Oddly I decided to go home, I think because I was SOOO TIRED, and my mom offered to watch the kids for a couple hours so I could sleep:)  Lucky for me she started to make improvements almost immediately.. By the time we picked dad up at the airport at 4pm she was doing MUCH BETTER... (just my luck:) Although nights are still kind of hard she is doing great with her eating and fever and that makes me SOO happy!!

Now on to the less dramatic part of our week!!


DADDY'S HOME!!!!!!

The kids and I couldn't have been happier to see Daddy Friday afternoon!! None of them have left his side since he got here. (which is really kind of nice for me:).... Friday we spent the night hanging out and trying to get the kid feeling better. Then Saturday after naps we decided to get he kids OUT of our germ infested house:) We took the kids to a Fundraiser/carnival that was being held at the clubhouse.

Together Strong Fundraiser
for Tim!! :O) 


**This Fundraiser is actually very dear to my heart since it was for a family in our ward whom I absolutely LOVE!! The Grist Family, (Tim's mom Tracy is one of the sweetest most giving women I know, she has been there for our family to many times to count and I will always LOVE HER for her generosity) Tracy's son Tim son was diagnosed with testicular cancer at the age of 17. The cancer had actually progressed by the time they found it and moved into other parts of his body (stomach, pelvis, and lungs) and things were looking pretty serious.  My heart hurt for the Grist family ALMOST ALWAYS! Tracy has been so strong during everything, she has made it a priority to talk about testicular cancer, to encourage young men to check themselves and to talk to there parents about there bodies. I know that I am for sure going to be talking to my boys about this during there teenage years, no matter how uncomfortable it may be!!!.....

So we ended up taking the kids to go show our support and it was a BLAST! The kids loved the carnival!! They played bean bag toss, spin the wheel, fishing... Bri even got his face painted...I think by far the best part of the day for the boys was seeing the firetrucks and police cars! They LOVE hearing the sirens and seeing the lights!! (With all of the sick kids and stress this weekend I forgot to take my camera:( .. I am bummed because the look on Briylers face after he saw his spider man face painting was PRICELESS..!!  The fundraiser was a HUGE success, they ended up raising 11,250.00 in all... We seriously live in the best neighborhood!!


***The latest update is: Tim finished his last round of chemo and is now waiting to have surgery to remove the large masses that are left. He will probably have to go through another round of chemo after this surgery but he is doing and feeling really great... considering!*****


AND.......... the best part of my weekend was my hubby letting me sleep in until 1pm on Sunday!! (The kids are all still struggling with the nasty cough so we decided we'd rather not send that around the nursery, your welcome to all of our friends:).. Kaj watched church movies with the boys and played church matching games all morning... that makes me SMILE!!!
THANKS HONEY!!!

It was another eventful week for us, and all I can say is: I'm ready to start a NEW WEEK!! :O)  

No comments:

Post a Comment