Tuesday, March 20, 2012

LOVE AT HOME, FHE

                                  


I know that we have already had a lesson or 2 on Love but I have a few more that I plan on having this year with the boys. I feel like it is something that is soo important to talk about. Not only do I want them to be nice, kind, and considerate of others, I want them to  actually learn to LOVE others as though they were there own brothers and sisters. I think it is something that gets overlooked these days and I really want my boys to learn to LOVE. Today we focused on Love at Home, it was a good reminder  that we need to be patient with each other and do little things to show each other Love everyday!

opening prayer: Briyler

opening song: If your happy and you know it, and Ryker sang us all a song..... .
Rain Rain go away
come again another day
Little Ryker wants to play..
It hasn't been raining at all so I'm not sure why that was the song he chose to sing to us, but WE LOVED IT ANYWAY! You did a Great Job Ryke!! (ohh and maybe you meant snow, we did get something like 10 inches the other day)

scripture story: We talked about how Jesus was once a baby just like they are now. He was born Joseph and Mary and sometimes he was tempted just like we are. The story talked about how Jesus had to also show love in his home, we listed a few things that Jesus did to show love.

                                                            Mary and Jesus praying

activity: I printed out and laminated the bucket and all of the fruits, then we went through and let the boys pick a piece of fruit out of the bucket and we would read the correlating message for that piece of fruit.. the boys especially loved Whiney Watermelon!! haha I think they love him so much because he is a constant visitor at our house:) .... Here is the link for the full lesson: http://www.scribd.com/wawadehut/d/26561065-Love-at-Home-FHE-Lesson






after we played the game we read a few scenarios and then talked about how we should react to each of them. Ryker really seemed to pay attention and listen to this part of the lesson, I'm hoping he remembers them when he's put in those situations.

closing prayer: Ryker

TREAT!!!- left over green cupcakes from St Patty's Day:)  haha a treat is a treat, right?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment