Monday, March 5, 2012

FHE, preparing for the temple

                              

Today was PACKED with super fun activities for the kids.. (Hopefully that means they all sleep like little ANGELS tonight, ha who am I kidding:).. I have been really excited for this activity because all of the kids and myself have been really dreading having to say goodbye to daddy for a couple days
:( I thought it would be fun to "take a little trip" with dad before he had to leave us for his 3 day long business trip.
I spent a lot of time trying to find a lesson already made but nothing fit exactly the way I wanted it to so I combined a few different ideas I found online and came up with this... :o)

I printed out Boarding passes for each of the kids as well as packed them a "suit case"  and told them we were going on a trip to a secret destination for FHE.. :O) after they woke up from nap, Kaj and I got them all dressed and ready: Long sleeve shirts and sweaters, pants, hats even shoes and socks!! (if you know me then you know that's a BIG DEAL, it doesn't happen very often!)..... Before we got in the car we read our "boarding pass" info..


We were set to fly the "FHE express",
leaving march05 
Our destination: a non stop flight TEMPLE SQUARE!! :O) yay!!
The boys each handed me their boarding pass' as they got in the car and then I immediately introduced myself as the flight attendant.. I stored the boy's luggage bags to keep them safe during the flight and then I explained that my job was to"take care of them during the flight". (they thought that was pretty funny!) so after a prayer by Ryker
and an opening song: I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE
it was time for SNACKS!!!

(peanut butter cookies and chips) they must have been sitting FIRST CLASS:O)
THIS WAS A HIT!!

After we got to temple square I wanted to make sure that we didn't loose sight of what the lesson was actually about.. The TEMPLE, and what we need to do to prepare to get there. So we immediately went up to the statue of Christ. The boys have only been here a few times and they were soo young that I knew they didn't remember. So I thought this would be a great way to set the "mood"!! The boys were in AWE!! They LOVED seeing the huge statue and the sky painting. I loved seeing there little faces and how happy they looked!

After we left that room we walked around looking at the pictures and talking about what they all meant...  I then found a nice quiet spot to sit the boys down.. They were shocked when I pulled out there "luggage" (that they didn't see me take out of the car/"plane") and explained that inside their bags were pictures of things that they needed to do if they wanted to be able to someday go inside the temple.. These are things we should always have"packed" in our own "personal luggage bags"
I found these plastic containers for 1.00 at walmart.. worked perfect for there pretend luggage

(Please don't look at how dirty the floor is!! If only I knew how to photoshop!!:O)

I put these pictures inside each set of luggage, I also wrote a description of what each picture symbolised, as we talked about each picture we discussed what "THEY"
could do to prepare now to go to the temple.. (say your prayers, read your scriptures, get baptised, follow the prophet....... just to name a few) After we went over what we needed to do to be worthy to go to the temple I thought I would share with them a few things that we get to participate in when we go to the temple...

The boys really loved seeing these pictures. They didn't quite understand how the couple that just got married were showing reverence and I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that that is what they noticed from the pictures:O)

 I am sooo grateful for temples and what a blessing it is to have them on the earth today. I LOVE that it is a little piece of Heaven here on earth and I cant wait for my children to someday be able to partake of the blessings that come from temple ordinances.

 Here are of course a couple more pictures from our evening!! (I wish I would have taken a picture of the present we had waiting on our car when we were done walking the grounds, A PARKING TICKET.. haha the kids were WAY TO GOOD so I should have known something else was coming our way)

ISNT IT BREATH TAKING!!! The weather was so perfect and look how blue the sky is!!


Ryker the little gangsta!! :O) he was posing for people that were passing by..

 Briyler has to be just like his big brother!!

Briyler was trying to make a "funny" face! and Ryker was loving that he got to help push Pipa's stroller the whole time.

Is this not the best picture EVER!!<<<<<<< PERFECTION >>>>>>I'm such a lucky WOMEN!

Mom and her sweet baby girl!!! I love you Kynlie baby:O)

the reflections pool! The boys couldn't keep there hands out... this was a super quick stop!!

back to the car we go!! (little do the kids know we are taking dad to the "REAL" airport now:(

We tried to soak up every bit of daddy time we could. I made dad sit in the park and wait lot for a good 30 min.. haha we needed all the daddy loves we could get!

She sure does love him!


 Who doesn't LOVE that dirty little face!! Daddy let him drive.. (well sit in the drivers seat that is)

This was the last of the happy faces... :(They thought it was all part of the pretend "TRIP", when Dad actually left for the plane they were NOT HAPPY CAMPERS!!!

Sooo glad we got to take the kids out for a memorable FHE, I cant wait till this lesson rolls back around!! It sure was A FUN ONE for us!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment