Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happy Easter Weekend!! :)

                                    
                                                                      HE LIVES!!!


This year my family decided to head to Cali for Easter weekend (Seriously, who wouldn't want to be in the warm sunshine hangin out at the beach:).... so that meant Easter weekend was ALL UP TO ME:) I've never had to make Easter dinner by myself (and that was made totally clear when my MIL asked me if I had gutted the bird before I cooked it.. GUTTED? HUH, EEEWWWW?!?! Who knew:) , nor be the HOST for Easter dinner, I've never hid my own eggs (for a cousin egg hunt), or told the Story of Easter all by myself.. But i guess there is a first for everything and I have to say this was a VERY SPECIAL Easter year for me. I feel like I learn SOOO much about motherhood as the years pass, and this year has been no exception.. I can honestly say I am sooo thankful to have such a wonderful family. I never realised how much time and preparation goes into the holiday's but I'm starting to learn for myself, its not easy:)The kids had a pretty rough day today but I think it was because we have had such a busy weekend they were/are just SOOO TIRED from all the activities. We made sure to talk as often as we could about the Savior and the resurrection this week, and especially the last 2 days while they were having so much fun with all of our activities. The craziness of the weekend got to all of us this afternoon, and after listening to Dugi scream and cry for literally 30 min while we were trying to finish up dinner, I was pretty much done.. Luckily they all sat down and ate the yummy dinner without to much of a fight and after that they were off to play with there new Easter toys:)

I am soo glad that I was able to teach my children about the Savior this week, it was wonderful to be able to share my testimony of Jesus Christ with them. I know that he LIVES, I know that he was put on this earth to atone for our sins and I know that HE bled and died for me personally (along with everyone else) ... The atonement has always had a special place in my heart. There were times in my life that I felt like maybe I couldn't be forgiven for the mistakes that I had made and learning about the atonement and knowing of assurity that the Savior shed blood for MY SINS is soo humbling. and Knowing that I can and have been forgiven is the greatest gift anyone has ever given to me. I want my children to know that because of Our Savior Jesus Christ, they can and will be able to live with there Father in Heaven again, and that we will be able to be together, as a family, for eternity if we choose to follow His teachings. I am soo grateful for my faith and for the knowledge that it has given me. I hope and pray that my children will one day have there very own testimony of the Savior and The Atonement. It is a wonderful feeling to know that "Someone" loves you "that much" :) 

These boys were soo excited for the 1st Easter Egg Hunt of the weekend:)

Ryker the photographer:) he was proud of his work.

Donuts for breakfast, YUMM!!
 

                                     
                             The boys giving loves to there GREAT GREAT Grandma :) how cool is that!!!

                                        
                                                        What a cute little guy!!! My 1st Easter.

Dugi sharing his donut with dad, now that's TRUE LOVE:)

Kids picture with Mom

Kids picture with Dad, Dad wins!!!

Dugi and Kynlie getting ready for Easter Egg Hunt #2... During hunt #1 Dugi found an egg with a 5$ bill in it and he made sure to throw that "worthless" egg back on the ground :) who wants paper over candy!!

Kynlie had a blast!!

Briyler wasn't scared this time around, he made sure to run out there and get all the eggs he could!

Ryker is ready for his turn!

there was no waiting to eat the candy from this girls eggs

Briyler showing Dugi how to open his Eggs:) what a nice brother

Daddy on "baby duty"

LOVE this little girl!

Briyler wanted to say cheese for the camera:) what a good looking little guy!!

Who decided to give these kids ice cream!! MESSY MESSY!!

it's sooo good mom!

Cheese

Ice cream for lunch, best lunch they've ever eaten:)

What a happy little guy

The boys were nice to share there eggs with Tui.. :)

Kynlie girl and her grandma Trish

Ohh how I love my "not so little" baby!!

Easter Sunday pictures, this is what happens when you tell a group of small children they can not have there Easter baskets until after 9am church:).. Kids group picture TAKE 1:- cant help but laugh at poor little Bri, he took the news the hardest:)

Kids group picture TAKE 2: still not having it
 
Family picture TAKE (like 10)- ok fine scratch the family picture idea

Kids group picture TAKE 12- SUCCESS, that's as good as it gets around here:)

Happy Easter from this little Doll :)
 
The kids had a great time playing with there Easter toys from grandma and eating way to much candy!! We did another Egg hunt Easter night (only because mom bought and pre filled a TON of eggs for the cousin egg hunt on my side, (that ended up not happening), so I had no other choice than to let them do 1 last hunt) we couldn't possibly let those eggs go to waste...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment