Monday, April 22, 2013

Tallin is 1



Today is the day my sweet baby boy turns ONE, I don't know how I feel about this just yet..:( but what I do know is what an adventure it has been with this sweet little guy.. From being born at 32 weeks and weighing in at a wopping 2lbs, to jumping from NICU to PICU and literally watching him fight for his life. When I look back at the almost 3- 3 1/2 months we spent in different hospitals, I remember just how heart wrenching it was to see my sweet baby boy struggle so much.. Today I am feeling an overwhelming amount of gratitude that he is here and healthy and that we are able to celebrate his life:) Here are a few things that Tui loves at age 1:

-LOVES TO SNUGGLE (thank goodness this is the case or mom would be an emotional wreck)
-You still like for mom and dad to swaddle you in your blanket before bed
-you have 4 teeth. (2 on top and 2 on bottom)
-you crawl and just started trying to pull yourself up
-you DON'T WALK and I am really happy about that for now:)
-you love to smile and laugh
-you are an eating MACHINE! and you love to feed yourself
-you weigh 27lbs (which is big even for a full term baby) the Dr's thought it would take you until age 2 to catch up with your growth but they were wrong:)
-you sleep through the night, which dad really appreciates:)
-you say DADA and even though I don't like to admit it he is clearly your favorite.
-Ryker and you are pals
-you love to be HELD (24/7, i think its because your trying to make up for lost time. We weren't always allowed to hold you while you were in the hospitals)

I am grateful EVERYDAY that Heavenly Father has given us such an amazing little spirit. I cant wait to watch you grow and see your personality develop. Mom and Dad LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!!! Happy 1st Birthday BABY!

this was how he started out



but it didn't last long, once he found out he was going to have to have a combined birthday party for pretty much his whole life, he was upset:)

it never lasts to long though, he is such a happy little guy :)
 
 
Present time!!! (to bad I didn't get any pictures of him actually opening any of those presents :)

No comments:

Post a Comment