Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter FHE



We had a busy weekend with lots of family time!! (Of course that is my favorite way to spend the weekends).. Homecoming for my cousin Brock Ekins (who served in the Romania mission, soo cool to hear his stories), early lunch with Grandma and Papa Hall and more cousin play time (with uncle Ryan, Kolby and Shalee) and then dinner at my parents house.. (all of these events in one day, meant LOTS and LOTS OF YUMMY FOOD!!!) After a wonderful weekend like that, who wouldn't feel ready to take on there week?!?!..

For this weeks FHE we are going to be learning about EASTER:) The kids have had this lesson before and I am curious to see if they remember anything from last year. They are starting to remember more and more of what we teach them and its fun to hear what things "stick" with them.. We are going to be doing a version of "Resurrection eggs" only for toddlers... I found it here: (http://happyhomefairy.com/tag/toddlers/a )and then we will have "Resurrection rolls" for dessert and I originally found that idea here:( http://www.ptskjohnson.blogspot.com/2012/03/resurrection-rolls.html) (This is one of my favorite GO TO BLOGS for FHE, and since I personally know Miss Tonii it might just be one of my all time FAV BLOGS :) I seriously love all of the resources that we have now a days to help teach our children.. I am very grateful for the wonderful women who share there ideas and talents..:)  It is exciting to do all of the fun Easter activities that are put on this time of year but I want to make sure my children know, understand and are grateful for the true meaning of Easter as well. This will be a tradition for our family for sure :)

Opening prayer: Ryker

Opening song: When he comes again

Lesson: The Easter story:)

 I hid the eggs downstairs and then let Ryker and Briyler each find 2 eggs and Dugi and Pipa each find 1 egg.. After all the eggs were found we sat in a circle and opened them one by one.. I read the scripture that went along with each egg and then told them the 1 line sentence that pretty much summarizes what they need to know:) After we ate the treats in our last egg we went upstairs to make our Resurrection rolls :)... Looks like I may need more work on those, (they didn't work, there were marshmallows EVERYWHERE) but the kids got what I was going for (i think:) .... This week was a MAJOR SUCCESS, which was a great way to recover from an epic fail last week:) I have such a strong testimony of Family Home Evenings and the blessings that come from doing all we can to truly teach our children about Christ... I know that the lessons my children are learning now will be "their" foundations, it will be what what helps them gain a testimony for themselves and hopefully what helps them to know "who they are" and "where they are going". 

I can hardly stand how cute this little guy is !!

Ryker is SOO FUNNY!! :)

this made us all laugh

starting out FHE with some funny faces.. getting our wiggles and silliness out

there's lots of funny faces to get out :)

Silly Dugi
 
this little girl has an AT*TI*TUDE!!
 

Let the hunt begin

Opening the eggs

We might have re hid the eggs a few times:)

Finding the treasures, soo fun!

WHAAA did Dad really hide an egg in his mouth.. SNEAKY!!

her smile can be just as big as that sassy little attitude :)

I LIKE THE SMILE SOO MUCH BETTER

OW OW, lookin good :)

Resurrection roll, FAIL!!

didn't seem to bother them one bit though :)

and of course we have to end the night with more silliness!


No comments:

Post a Comment