Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Anniversary/cruise Part 3, this is the last one I promise:)


Part 3: this is the last post I promise :) Grand Cayman, "at sea", and Miami excursion

Grand Cayman was super exciting too.. I have been there before and I remember the water being the clearest color of blue that I had ever seen and it didn't disappoint, still as beautiful as ever!! There is soo much construction going on and the island has GROWN a ton since I was there last. I think we need a vacation home there, the market is hoppin' and I keep hearing things about "off shore accounts in the cayman's" ... haha:) Kaj and I were just going to catch a cab to the "7 mile" beach but we met a few fellow Utah couples on the ship and when we ran into them on shore we all decided to do the sting ray/snorkel/beach excursion together.. Lacie took one for the team and gave up her "swimming with the dolphins excursion" to join the fun... Swimming with the stingrays was soo fun, I was a little nervous and didn't really want to get in the water but after a min you kind of relax and its totally fun!! Kaj had a little "miss-hap" if you will during the excursion. They told us we could pick up the stingrays and as we were all trying to find a stingray to catch we turned around to Kaj actually LIFTING a sting ray FULLY out of the water.. Just in case you are wondering that is a "WHAT NOT TO DO MOMENT" :) The guides said that is pretty much the only thing you can do to them that will get you hurt, when they get out of water that is when they get scared and shoot there little stinger at you ;) Luckily Lacie caught this moment ON CAMERA, I should sell them the rights to that photo. I would love to see Kaj's face on a "what not to do while swimming with the stingray's" brochure:) After the stingrays we got to go snorkeling "again", kaj could do it all day everyday so he was excited.. After about 5 min I decided to call it a day, I got in the boat and forgot to take off my "flippers", can you guess what happened next? :) YEP I ate it, FACE FIRST onto the floor.. Good thing most of the boat was in the water enjoying there excursion:) We didn't have time for the beach which I was SUPER BUMMED about but after a long day it was nice to head back to the boat for a NAP:)

I don't want to write about the last "day at sea" I was excited to get home to see the kids but SUPER BUMMED it cruise was over :) I'm sure by now you can guess what we did, well I spent all day laying by the pool. Kaj on the other hand, did some laundry, started packing his bag, got a snack or 2, read a good chunk of the "borne series", talked to guest services about our debarking process which is where he found out we were to late to have them hold our bags till our plane left so he headed over to the excursion desk and booked the Miami excursion: Yay for our over priced "everglades/air boat tour":) he's soo darn productive!

Grand Cayman!!! :)



Grand Cayman, Love this island!!

 Let the sting ray excursion begin

Behind me is Jamar/Lacie, and JD/Jenny.... I was just as scared as those girls when I first got in:) Super fun though!!

Love this handsome lookin man!!

this is the AMAZING MOMENT CAUGHT ON CAMERA :) haha, I love the guy in the back ground pointing and laughing..

Gun show, anyone?

We were on the SLOWEST boat EVER!!! Which is why we missed out on the beach part of our excursion but it did give us lots of time to enjoy the scenery :)

More Iguana's
 
we had to take another catamaran back to the ship and we passed the pirate boat that kaj had been "eyeing" from the ship all day.. He loves things like this ;)
 
 XOXO
 

once we got back on board we sat and watched the MOST BEAUTIFUL sunset I'v ever seen.. I am not a good photographer but I wish I could have captured just how amazing this was !
 
Last morning of the gym, I was a little excited about this (ok A LOT EXCITED!!!)

(I cant remember what was so funny at the moment but I sure do love seeing that smile :)
" Day at sea" I got him to lay out with me for a total of 5 min that morning :)

nothing like laying out in the "Brisk morning air"
Brisk morning air!! AHHH

 

that didnt last long!! The sun was out and I was ready to soak up the last of "the rays"

After he finished being "so darn productive" he hung out with me for a good 20 min by the pool :)
I didnt get any pictures of us leaving the ship because I was to busy crying so here are the pictures from our Everglades excursion in Miami..
 
 
 

Before we even got in the boat we saw plenty of gaters !!!
 

way to close for comfort!!

Our air boat excursion!! He loved it!! I however was not excited about the open canal's and no fences to keep me safe from all the gaters!!

the air boat went right over all the grass and lily pads.. pretty cool actually

we went into a few coves and our guide told us all about the animals that live in the everglades.. (gaters, bears, deer, all sorts of birds and soo much more..) pretty cool

Beautiful HUGE bird!

This gater needed some lunch :)

and this freaked me out!! It was right next to the boat

it is actually very pretty, until you find out whats underneath all of that greenery

after our boat ride was a GATER SHOW... the only Gaters that are caged and I'm glad cause they were HUGE!!

these however were not caged and they were close enough to touch.. EEEKKKK

Kaj's lucky I got in the picture for this.. I HATE GATERS, probably one of my biggest fears...

These signs were everywhere and it made me crazy nervous..

baby gater, could be cute...

if that bird new how many gaters I saw in that water before we left on our boat ride he wouldn't be standing there :)

Kaj and I had an interesting flight home, our first flight was delayed for mechanical difficulties.. :) we barely caught our connecting flight or at least that's what we thought.. our 2nd flight was also delayed so we got into SLC 2 hours late (1230)  and we were WIPED OUT!! Dad left the car at the airport and the second we got home we relieved grandma of her baby duty and went straight to bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment