Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Rekindling the Romance, cruise/Anniversary style :)

                                     


I knew when I met Kaj that he was different, there was something about him that immediately caught my eye (something more than his EXTREMELY GOOD LOOKS, and breath taking smile:)  He is sweet, funny, genuine and kind. He has a love for his Savior that is soo profound and the more I got to know him the more I admired the man that he was/is. I had NO IDEA that 6 1/2 years from the time we met and only 4 years into marriage THIS would be our lives :).. . For the better part of our married life I have been pregnant and or recovering from having a baby and to be completely honest I am really struggling with the fact that I wont be having anymore. I have been trying to figure out who I am and where I am in my own personal life, ya know, outside of being a mom. Who knew that could be SOOO hard!! In that little journey I have discovered I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA who I am outside of being a mommy to 5 beautiful children. I wake up every morning about 6:15am put on my "mommy sweats"(cause lets face it no one wants to ruin a perfectly cute outfit with snot, dripped ketchup, and baby spit up:) and get ready for the day. I spend 99.9% of my day, cutting the crust off of sandwiches, kissing owwy's, snuggling up to AT LEAST 1 of my babies while watching Elmo, solving fights, and for some reason we seem to having a revolving door in our "time out" corner ( I swear it never ends!!) Then its nap time, which means my ONLY time to get anything done. I spend countless hours prepping FHE lessons that I don't even know if they are old enough to understand, putting together chore charts or refilling the consequence/reward jars, and CLEANING OHH cleaning that also NEVER ENDS!! When Kaj and I started our family I had NO IDEA how hard being a mom actually was, (5 kids under the age of 6 at one point, that is now my definition of CHAOS) but at the same time how rewarding and how much joy it would bring to my life. I think for me it took having children of my own to gain a better understanding of what "Christlike LOVE" really feels like. Dont get me wrong this isn't a 1 women show, Kaj puts in MORE THAN his fair share with the kids, he watches them 3-4 nights a week so that I can have a couple hours to myself (gym time baby), there were a few years in there where he actually did it ALL: breakfast, lunches, dinners, bath and bed time. I don't know how he worked a full time job, took care of a pregnant women on bed rest and took care of our children all pretty much on his own... I mean seriously how many husbands do you know that would make lunches and leave dinners preped and ready to be cooked in the refrigerator?!? :) .... I know I am SOOO LUCKY to have a husband that helps out around the house, (some of our friends have mentioned that they wish they could clone Kaj's work ethic and daddy SKILLS, he's that good!! :)  He literally is my saving grace some day's and he is without question EVERY one of the kids FAVORITE (its taken me a while but I've come to accept it). With both of our schedules being soo crazy and FULL the last couple of years, it seems like Kaj and I hardly have time for each other. We try to do regular date nights but sometimes instead of taking the time to check in on each other we end up talking about all the things that need to get done, the finances or just the hardships of our day/week...When Kaj realised how much I was struggling with moving onto this new chapter of our lives (no more babies) and how long it had been since we had truly had alone time together,  he decided it would be a good idea to take a trip together.. I of course had no problems with this proposal, and was overly excited to be able to spend time with each other and not have any distractions. We talked about our goals, what we want for the future, and where we are personally.. I had no idea how much I/WE REALLY NEEDED this trip, falling in love all over again with your spouse is pretty much the BEST FEELING EVER (you guys have to try it;).. Thanks for the amazing anniversary gift honey. I couldn't ask for a better father/husband for our family.

**It's not easy to find babysitters for 5 crazy small kids with a grueling schedule and words can not describe how much we appreciate the grandma's and grandpa's that spent the week with our little ones. I know it wasn't easy for them and I am BEYOND LUCKY to have such amazing family members !

I think I am going to post the pictures of the cruise in sections :)

**1st up was our flight and stay in Miami, then a day at sea, and then Cozumel Mexico.

We flew into Miami friday night and stayed in a super cheap hotel for the night. I didnt get pictures but after we landed kaj and I went to the gym and I dont think either of us has ever sweat so much in a 45 min workout!! :) it was sooo hot and the AC didnt work in the gym... After a long night of washing our smelly gym clothes in the bath tub and then drying them with a blow dryer we were off to the ship..
We had an awesome 1st day at sea, both of us got burned, but it was worth it.. I soaked in a WHOLE DAY of the sun!! You never know quite how much you can miss the sun until you go months without ever seeing it.. (at least it feels like months to me, it may only be weeks) The 1st day at sea was also the 1st formal night.. Kaj hates getting dressed up, unless its to go to church but he didnt complain even 1 time!! I love when he gets dressed up for "no reason"... After lots of picture taking and a nice dinner we headed to bed.. (you know your old/or a parent when you dont stay up for the late night activities:), Kaj and I both woke up to the sound of kids running and screaming down the hall.. I have never seen Kaj jump out of a bed SOO FAST, he was ready to take Briyler and Rykers heads off for screaming while the other kids were sleeping.. (then he realised where he was and he stopped himself.).. I kind of wanted to see it unfold those poor kids would have been scared to death, (but i'm sure they also would have stopped screaming and running down our hall :)
and then the 1st big stop was Cozumel.. We didnt plan anything before hand so we got off the boat and just walked around.. We must have walked over a mile to get to the market that people kept telling us was "just up the street".. Once we got there Kaj didnt want to get anything because it was so early in the day and he didnt want to haul a bunch of stuff around all day :) We decided to get a cab to take us to the nearest beach (which was supposedly 8 miles away), kaj stopped at the local market to get some sun block, how much was it YEP (18$, What the?!?!) ... Oh well once we got to the beach kaj got out his snorkeling stuff (yep he brought his own) and I layed in the shaddy nice hammock for most of the day.. Perfect start to the trip!!

once again I have no idea how to change the fact that some of these pictures download sideways, LAME... If you cant tell this is me sleeping on the plane.. It felt like a 10 min ride to Miami :)

Yep I know the "just woke up look" isnt the best on me :)

Bus ride to the port!!! EEEEKKKK


 
Just getting on the ship!! Let the fun begin!!
 
"Day at sea", this is the only pic we took cause we were both to busy laying by the pool to take pictures :)


 
Formal night, we were paired with a super fun couple for dinner.. I'm bummed we didnt get any pics with them now that I think about it.. It was kind of odd how much we had in common

Too cheap to pay for there pictures so we had to take our own :)

I love when he gets dressed up!! :)
 
More pictures of our pictures :)

This one is my FAV

we had the weirdest guys everytime.. they would ask us to do the most uncomfortable poses.. haha
 
 


Yep we are that couple.. Took a picture of the "picture" :)
 

Getting off the boat in cozumel

there were iguana's everywhere on every island :)
 

My chair

Kaj's char :)

I didnt MOVE from this spot,, (until the mean man from the bar kicked me out because I wasnt buying drinks :)

ok seriously what is wrong with these pictures!! I dont even know how this happend..

while I was hanging out in the hammock, kaj was snorking off the beach.. he hates "laying out"
 
If you look closely you can see that I'm not wearing any shoes.. Kaj was told me like a THOUSAND times that I was going to catch a parasite or something, since there was a sign on the grass that said something about the water not being filtered or being sewage or something.. I cant remember.. I had a crazy bad blister from all the walking we did so I risked it:)
 
pictures before dinner.. I think this is the last night we did them, we were over all the pictures by day 2 :)
 
                                        
Yep one of our LATE NIGHTS:) we checked out the "family friendly comedy show" actually not bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment