Monday, October 29, 2012

spiritual cup part2 (and a move)

continued.... :)
Day 2! SOOO EXCITED


Chris WIlliams- watch his story or read it online, it is AMAZING!!! His wife and 2 out of his 4 children were killed in a car accident when they was hit by a 17 yr old drunk driver. In the instant that he realised his wife and 2 of his children were GONE, he heard the Lord tell him DISTINCTLY  to "LET IT GO".. A beautiful story about FREELY FORGIVING!!! The message that Chris gave was that the Lord needed to "SAVE" one of his children (the 17 yr old drunk driver, who was a young man that is a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) and how can you be mad at the Lord for letting this situation be the one that changed this young mans life! Have Faith in the Lord and his Divine plan!

*Tragedy helps us Love

*Pray for strength to carry our burdens, to have faith in Jesus Christ, and to LET IT GO:)

*What burden could I lay at the feet of the Lord?

Mercy River- LOVE THERE MUSIC!!

-We poor out our miseries, but God just hears a melody, its better than a hallelujah sometimes

-Has anybody told you you BEAUTIFUL, you might agree if you could see what I see- said GOD!

-What if the trials of this life are your mercies in disguise?

KATE & SARAH- Mormon Mommy Bloggers. :) **Look into my eyes and listen to my words** They had a great message about mothering and not trying to be perfect! Family and Life is Messy and that's OK.. This talk is clearly not for me (since probably all of you know that my house is the dirtiest house on the block, my kids never have on clean clothes, and I take a shower maybe twice a week;O)....
The bigger more meaningful message for me was that we need to make time for the Little (but most important) things in life.
-read your children bedtime stories
-scripture study
-family home evenings
-eating together
-TALK TO YOUR CHILDREN, don't drown them out with music or other distractions in life
-laugh with them
-let them know how much you LOVE THEM
-play with them
-hug and kiss them everyday
-teach them that they have a define heritage, they are a CHILD OF GOD and He has a plan for them.

Mothering is not only reserved for women that have children, it can be done by anyone..
     ---Motherhood is loving, caring for, and nurturing anyone in need.

BRAD WILCOX-  Micheal Angelo sculpted a beautiful statue of Mary holding Jesus. When this statue was put out for display no one believed that a young sculptor only 23, could produce something of "this" magnitude. His work was very impressive and he was upset at the thought that no one believed it was his work, and with good reason. Micheal was VERY proud of this sculpture, soo proud that when he got home that night he decided to sign that sculpture.. He wrote his name on the robe of Mary, right across her chest where EVERYONE COULD SEE!

Now close your eyes and imagine the Savior signing YOU.. He is the sculptor of me, man is one of his greatest works (I am one of his greatest works)... We are his work and his glory! How is that for a sense of self worth! :)

Jesus- is known by a lot of names one being the KING OF KINGS- we are all kings/ queens that come from the highest king!

JOHN BETHEWEY- Talked about surrounding our self with GREATNESS!! You are the average of the 5 people you hang around the most. "Regardless of your original intention you'll eventually become what you surround yourself with". .... emphasis on: Regardless of your intentions..... in this day in age I need to be overly mindful of the things I am letting influence my children and my family. Bad things can happen even if you have the best of intentions.

-the way we spend our days eventually becomes the way we spend our lives

-surround yourself with GREATNESS!, music, TV shows, friends..

-BE THE GREATNESS!!!!

-wind up your spiritual clock as OFTEN AS YOU CAN!

-"I delight in a glad heart and a cheerful counitnance"

**"fill your mind with thoughts of Christ, fill your hearts with a love of Christ, and fill your life with service to Christ."

-A father doesn't give up on his children, endure to the END.... Love the spirit that I felt during this talk. Be the Greatness, that is my goal.. (that is probably every ones goal, who doesn't want to be GREAT:)

EMILY FREEMAN- I didn't get to stay until the very end, because I had to go pick up the kids:( I missed a few of Emily's bullet points but hopefully I can buy the CD from the event and maybe Kaj and I can make a date night out of watching it:)

1. The Lord knows where you are in your journey. "the Lord they God knoweth... He walketh with thee...." Deuteronomy 4, 2:7

2. Trust his word! The Lord hears and answers prayers. Expect an answer, listen for an answer.
*When was the last time you had an answer to a prayer?
If it wasn't in the last 3 day's then your not doing it right.
*When was the last time you found an answer in the scriptures?
If it wasn't within the last week than your not doing it right. 

3. Trust in his timing.. Jeremiah 29... Pray for peace, pray for contentment. There is HOPE in the end. Trust God enough to trust in his timing

4. Trust his example- Matthew 9.... "When he saw the multitudes he was moved with compassion" He gave us the example of ministering, healing and compassion. " Pray ye that he would send for labors" 1nephi 4... "Nevertheless continue to minister" 3nephi 18..... Go where the Savior directs.

There should have been a number 5 and then I'm sure she ended with a summary but I missed it.. and I missed the awesome Mercy River and there closing number but I am MORE than thankful for the opportunity that I had to hear all of the speakers that I did this weekend. There example and stories of HOPE have strengthened my testimony and left me feeling like I have knew knowledge that will help me be able to "go about my Fathers business" with better understanding. :) It is soo easy these days to get distracted and loose sight of where we are going and what should take priority in our lives, and I am soo grateful that I have a place that I can go to get "back on track", a place that will teach me and help motivate me to be better than I think I can be.. 

Umm hello cute tote bag:)



Moving update:)--- With the help of grandma, papa Hall and Ryan, Kaj was able to get a few loads taken care of. There is still SOOO MUCH to get done but we have tomorrow from sun up to sun down.... Get it babe! :O)

working well into the night:(

Briyler "helping"
 
and just so you know how good of a mom I am here is Briyler wearing Dugi's shorts (because he wont wear anything but Dugi's clothes), no socks or SHOES and staying up WAY PAST HIS BED TIME!

he must be 3! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment