Monday, October 22, 2012

Chili cook off, super saturday and John's homecoming... Busy busy busy!



This weekend was soo fun! Friday night we had our annual ward chili cook off. I love this tradition, I am not a good cook so being treated to YUMMY homemade chili's is the ultimate reward!! The kids got to dress up in there Halloween costumes for the first time and they were SOOO EXCITED to go show there church friends.. Our ward is awesome, they had a ton of fun booths set up for the kids and they loaded up on the treats (since most kids dont love chili..) It was perfect for the kids, who actually lasted a good hour and a half.. I was not EXPECTING THAT!

this is the picture right before Kynlies MAJOR meltdown:) there always has to be at least 1 unhappy child.

Briyler posing like spiderman

who knew balloons would be so fun!

DUGI!!

Bri chasing after his balloon

Kynlie girl

Mom stop taking pictures!

WILD ONES!

Kynlie the funny girl

Dad and Kyn, she is really shy  

TUI!!! little spiderman:)



Saturday morning was our SUPER SATURDAY!! I can not even begin to say how much I LOVE this tradition as well.. Being at home with the kids all of the time doesn't leave me much time for crafting right now. I am always so jealous of all of the home decor that I see people displaying in there homes of things they have made, lucky for me once a year I get to be crafty and make a few things to hold me over until the next year:) This year I signed up for 3 projects (and I was kicking myself for not signing up for more once I got there).. But my projects were pretty easy ones so I finished with plenty of time left to eat and socialize... WOOP WOOP!! Once again we had a huge arrangement of soups for lunch (ALL of which were amazing), side salads, handmade rolls (from an amazing baker in alpine, who I really need to meet), and plenty of YUMMY desserts to finish off the afternoon.. I am SOOO GRATEFUL to the women that put on the super Saturday in our ward every year. I know it takes SOO MUCH work: planning, prepping, collecting money, making the projects to display, coordinating, shopping, and plenty of other things that have to happen behind the scenes to make this work.. We have some really wonderful women in our ward and I hope they know just how much moms like me appreciate all of there hard work!!!

chicken wire frame, jewelry holder and colored picture frame... :) I was sad that I  didn't make the decorative book stack for Christmas... That's on my list of things to do.. Now that I've got my crafty juices flowing I need to find some more super Saturday's to crash... (my moms ward isn't doing one this year)...




and of course the BIGGEST EVENT of the weekend was my cousin John getting home from his mission!!! We headed over to listen to his homecoming speech and ohh what a treat it was.. He is an awesome kid and it was soo fun to hear about all of his experiences and see how much he has grown (in every way but mostly spiritually) in the last 2 years.. WAY TO GO JOHN, we are proud of you and glad that your home :O) .... Of course I forgot my camera for this big event:( :(

No comments:

Post a Comment