Monday, October 29, 2012

Filling my spiritual cup:)



 


Ok so if you know me personally then you know just how EXCITED I was for this weekend!! Not only was this the weekend we move out of my parents house but it is also the weekend that I got to go to the TIME OUT FOR WOMEN convention!!! OHHH MY GOSH, if you have never been to this event you SERIOUSLY need to commit yourself right HERE right NOW to go next year.. There isn't any other place in the world that I can think of where you feel the spirit quite like you do at this event. There is something about a LARGE group of ONLY WOMEN (over 10,000) all trying to be strengthened and uplifted.

This years theme was "SEEK THE GOOD". I'm not going to lie I hadn't put much thought into that statement until the actual event. I didn't really understand the depth of the statement to be honest, I thought I was doing just fine in "seeking the good" but I was obviously wrong:) I am going to write down the highlights of each one of the talks given during the convention. --These are just the highlights for me, so someone else might have a totally different take on the talks and what messages was trying to be relayed.

VIRGINIA PIERCE-  The definition of Seek means: to go in search of, look for, or try to discover by searching or questioning.....

I thought I understood that pretty well. I knew that if I wanted to find good in the world I couldn't just ideally sit back and wait for it to come to me I have to GO OUT IN SEARCH OF IT! I needed to find the good in my everyday life, in my kids, my husband, my church calling, even in my trials. In every aspect of my life I needed to SEEK IT.. And for me it wasn't hard to find, I felt like I was doing pretty good at the whole seeking the good thing, and then sister Virginia Pierce told us that Seeking is only part of our quest. (I was in OWE, part 1? You mean theres MORE!!) Once we go in search of the good we need to make sure we are ready and willing to RECEIVE THE GOOD!!  Who would have thought that receiving would be something that you have to actually DO!

Receiving the good is sometimes harder than seeking the good. Once we have sought after the good we need to then change our habits to reflect that of which we found to be good. Then after we have changed whatever it is that we might have needed to change we are in a position to receive the revelation that comes along with what we have been seeking. Are you confused yet:) There is more to seeking the good than just acknowledging the good around us we need to be PRO ACTIVE. We need to be quick to forgive and slow to be offended,we need to be the kind of person that exemplifies the Savior, we need to loose our self in service to those around us and once we do this Heavenly Father will be able to use us as a vessel for his work and help us to be more than we ever thought we were capable of being. I absolutely LOVE sister Pierce she seems to have a way of saying things that totally make sense to me. Honestly we could have ended on that note and I would have felt ready to go out and take on the world, but lucky for me there were MORE LESSONS to be learned and more stories shared that deaply touched my heart:)

SHERI DEW -gave a good message about studying our heritage. Would our fore fathers be proud of the work we are doing and the person we are becoming. Know your mortal and Divine heritage! I absolutely LOVE this next thought:
*The pedigree of our spirit can be written on a single line - YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD!!!
How amazing is that statement! I know exactly where I came from, where I'm going and WHO I AM!!! The Lord saved choice spirits for the last days and WE are his chosen !! Live up to the promises you made before you came to this earth, remember who you are and where you are going and don't be shaken by the world!

*pure womenhood + priesthood = exaltation

*GO GO FIND A WAY TO GO TO THE HOUSE OF THE LORD!

*Stand tall and do not faulter in the building up of Zion.

*Much of the growth of the church in the last day's will be because of the good women of the church

*The Lord wouldn't have taken a chance in the last days by sending men/women he couldn't count on.. ---    Make sure the Lord can COUNT ON ME!!

What a way to start out my weekend. The messages were powerful and I left wanting MORE!!! I could hardly wait for the morning to come............

On a side note, my mom was out of town and I couldnt find anyone to go on this AMAZING adventure with me (they dont know what they are missing) but I wasnt afraid to go meet new friends, and I did just that:)... We should have gotten a picture together but the group that "took me in" had a MILLION women in there group and we were hardly ever all together at the same time:)





Ps- Super Dad held down the fort while I was gone and even got 1 HUGE load packed onto the trailer so HE could start the actual moving process in the morning:) ... (yep HE alone because I will be gone... Did I mention I have the BEST HUSBAND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD)


No comments:

Post a Comment