Monday, October 1, 2012

Preparing for conference FHE



I cant BELIEVE its already October, that's 2 more months until Christmas!! What the WHAT!! :O) and October also means one of my FAVORITE THINGS, CONFERENCE MONTH!! I have seen a ton of posts about trying to prepare your children for conference. So that is what we tried to do tonight. We talked with the kids about what conference is and then I started with a few games. I printed out a matching game with the 1st presidency and the 12 apostles. I knew trying to learn 15 peoples faces and fun facts about them was a little much for a 6, 3, and 2 yr old (since they are the ones that usually do the most participating) so I hung up just the members of the 1st presidency and we went over who each person was.. The boys made me laugh, trying to pronounce president Erying's name and it was almost to much to hear Dugi try to say president Uchdorf's name!! :) I think I lost it a couple of times!! SOO CUTE!!! Anyway after the boys were picking up on the names I got out the cards that had matching fun facts about each person. We played this game a few times and the boys actually really liked this game. Ryker did pretty good at remembering the facts about each person and  Dugi and Bri were excellent at taping the fun facts underneath the picture of the person that they belonged to;)
This was the only place I could find to hang out pictures

Here are the matching cards, (lucky for me the boys cant read just yet)

I don't even want to tell you how long it took to laminate everything, way worth it though:)


After we got done with that game I asked the boys if they thought that President Monson talks to Jesus? They of course said YES but when I asked them if they thought that President Monson SEE'S Jesus, they were a little stumped.. It opened up a door for me to talk a little bit about modern revelation and that everything that President Monson is going to talk about next Sunday are all things that he has gotten revelation on. The boys were baffled that someone can STILL actually see Jesus.. It was a very sweet moment and I could just see there little minds taking in everything I was telling them.. THAT WAS MY MOMENT, if the kids got nothing else from today's lesson I'm glad they got that.


Following our great conversation we played another little guessing game. I printed out a printable that allows you to guess the statistics that will be announced at the next conference session.... How many FT missionary's, how many stakes, how many members of the church, EXT.Of course this guessing game dad definitely helped the boys with there guesses. When I asked how many members of the church there are Ryker said 7!! :) haha, maybe he was counting how many members were in the room! :) By this time the younger boys were over the whole lesson and they were running around and playing but Ryker still wanted to do another game so him and I played the matching game with the remaining apostles, Briyler joined in not to long after we started and Dugi came and wanted to play at the very end so I decided since I had all of there attention again I would do a fun little game that we played last year when we were preparing for conference. FOLLOW THE PROPHET, since all of my FHE lessons are packed away while we are waiting to move I used the small matching card picture of President Monson. Ryker got to go first, he held the picture of the Prophet and we all had to follow him singing the primary song "follow the prophet".. Everyone took a FEW TURNS and every time was just as exciting for them as the first.. :)

I should have taken a picture of our guesses;)
 
Follow the prophet game

haha for some reason the boys didn't like it when kynlie was the leader:)
 


Soo glad we started this week out with a great FHE.. CANT WAIT FOR CONFERENCE!! :O) WOOP WOOP

opening Prayer: Dugi

opening song: I feel my saviors love

lesson/ activity: matching games, follow the prophet

closing prayer: Ryker

dessert: THIN MINT GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!! :O) YUMMMM-O!

FHE isn't an FHE without a little bit of silly-ness

Ryker joining in the fun

the INFAMOUS brotherly loves!

Dugi snuck a cookie early

handsome dude

LOVE HER SMILEY FACE

Misty looking for SOME COOKIE SCRAPS

Ryker loves his baby brother

CHUNKY CHUNKY!!! I cant believe he has come so far, hard to believe he was 3 lbs just a few months ago!!!

Yep still love her smile

CUTENESS!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this matching game! I can't find out anywhere thought. There are a lot of other matching games but this one looks like the cutest to me. Do you know where you got it and would you mind sending me the link, so I could print them off? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete