Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thurs Night FHE, field trip day



This week is the first week of the month and that means FIELD TRIP day for FHE. I'm not gonna lie I've been a little tired this week and kind of cranky so I decided to not stress over family night. We dropped my mom off at the airport (she is watching baby Alex, while Al and Whitney go on a little vaca)  and on our way back we picked up a pizza and then headed STRAIGHT TO THE PARK:) ... I know I know that isn't much of a field trip for most people but I am really bad at taking the kids places on my own. Parks and play dates don't happen as much as I would like them too so the kids were super excited.. ( I am really trying to change this so we have had more outings than usual in the last few weeks) anyway Dad got off work and met us at the park and then grandma and grandpa Hall asked if they could come >> OF COURSE<< . The kids had a great time and it was fun to just enjoy each others company, STRESS FREE:)

After we left the park I wanted to do a fun activity with the kids.. Kaj was hesitant at first because "it's against the law", I bet you wouldn't guess his dad is a cop. But I thought that was a little harsh and it was all in good fun AND we were doing it at 6:30pm so I felt ok about "breaking this law, sorry Grandpa Craig ;O) ** If your name is Bridget Parry, Ashley Spilker, or Nicole Kampenhout stop reading now!!! :O)*** Yep we did it we took the kids "DING DONG DITCHING". I'm sure some people might not love the idea of me doing this with my kids but  I grew up in a fun area that had plenty of toilet papering and "door bell ditching" and I feel as long as it is done in good fun and if you make a mess you help clean the mess I don't think its soo bad. Some of my favorite memories in my youth involve these 2 things and I don't remember any one of our "victims" being upset about it.

The boys enjoyed it AS MUCH AS I DID when I was there age, they thought it was pretty much the coolest thing EVER! Ryker did the 1st house, Briyler the 2nd and Dugi the 3rd. I went up with them and let them put the stuff on the doorstep and ring the doorbell then I ran with them to the "get away car". Yep dad was driving the my parents car to disguise ourselves a little bit since it was the middle of the day:)  Dad turned on his play list (which was not church songs) but the boys sang and danced the entire time in the car having a blast... Briyler dances around the house singing "I'm sexy and I know it, I HATE TO ADMIT THAT" and Ryker hasn't stopped singing "So call me maybe". Dad even busted out a few moves, WHICH IS UNHEARD OF. I love when he gets all silly and fun on us:)  It was soo nice to see everyone laughing and having such a good time together, I cant wait for all of the fun years ahead:)


GOOD BOY!! Dugi doesn't eat many things right now but Pizza is one thing I can always count on:)

She gets cuter and cuter everyday!

This smile melts my heart! He was being such a GOOD BIG BROTHER YESTERDAY.

CAN YOU EVEN STAND THIS?! I CAN'T,  I love him more than words can express

Dad being silly!

Look at those SMILE'S, 2 of my favorite things in the world.

Dugi and his cute little pizza face!

Bri loves to drive

and he LOVES to slide

LOVE LOVE LOVE this little boy. He is getting SOO big!

Dirt anyone:)

1st time ever climbing to the top of the rock wall!! " I DID IT MOM"!!! SOO PROUD

Ryker being soo sweet to Kynlie girl! LOVE THIS

Me and Kyn Kyn hanging out together

Love her facial expressions lately

THIS IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE OF ALL THE EXPRESSIONS THOUGH! Love her sweet smile, she is a very sweet little girl.

DING DONG DITCHING:)

The rewards of ding dong ditching, eating our very own ding dongs!!! YUMMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment