Thursday, May 10, 2012

Family of 7, AT LAST!!

                               

YESTERDAY was FINALLY the day (May 9, 2012, exactly 1 month from the day Tallin was born) we FINALLY got to bring baby Tui home and we couldn't have been more DELIGHTED! Yesterday was a VERY emotional day for me, I couldnt decided what I'm feeling:

*HAPPY- we get to leave the NICU,
*EXCITED- to have the other kids meet Tui for the VERY 1st time,
*NERVOUS- I'm not going to be able to take care of 5 small children all on my own!,
*AFRAID- what if something happens, with Tui's oxygen or while he's sleeping!!!
*HUMBLED- A very sad reality check for me not every baby that comes to the NICU makes it home, I am very grateful that Tallin is a healthy happy premie.

Kaj had a ton going on with work yesterday so we asked if we could have a late discharge time. We didnt actually leave the hospital until 3 or 4 this afternoon, so I had most of the afternoon to soak up every last MINUTE with little Tallin before the chaos of home begins. Don't get me wrong I am THRILLED to see the other kids and to finally have all of us together, but for the last month I'v been able to spend the majority of my day taking care of JUST Tallin and monitoring him without any distractions. Which has been kind of nice, I have Loved all of the little special moments I'v been able to share with him,

*His sweet little smiles.
*Our tender cuddle sessions after every feeding.
*The cute sounds he makes right after he finishes eating
*He really wants to suck his thumb (but mom wont let him)
*His super MELLOW personality (as of now anyway, he hardly EVER CRIES)
*He loves it when I sing to him (even though I have an awful voice:)
*He smacks his lips when he's hungry
*and I keep trying to get him to take a binkey but he just ISN'T interested!! (please just take the binkey little man)

I will never forget how hard this time in my life has been for our family. It has been a true test of faith and endurance. There were MANY times over the last 4 or 5 months that I didn't think I would ever be able to make it through these trials or that I  really considered giving up because I thought it sounded like it would be SOO MUCH EASIER, for EVERYONE.. But I am soo grateful for these trials and how much they have taught me about myself and about the unconditional LOVE FROM MY Heavenly Father. He has comforted and blessed our family more times than I can count over the last couple of months and years.. Its really helped me understand the Love that a parent has for their children, *wanting soo badly to take away all of the trials and hardships but also wanting them to learn the valuable lesson that is awaiting at the end of the trial. I am so grateful for the lessons that I'v learned and for the comfort that Heavenly Father gave me during times that felt like they were to much to bear.
I think their are  2 major lessons that I want to remember from this whole experience:
**Take life "LINE UPON LINE PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT" one day/step at a time... I cant expect to have all of my questions answered right here and right now! Things happen when they are supposed to happen and sometimes situations come up that we think are just plain "NOT FAIR" but for me part of the lesson was learning to TRUST in the Lord as well as in his timing.
**and ENDURE TO THE END, no matter what and now matter how hard things seem to be, NEVER GIVE UP.. Heavenly Father doesn't leave us to "figure things out on our own" during our trials. If we can humble ourselves enough to ask for his help and if we will be open to learning the lessons that he is trying to teach us He will be with us every step of the way..
I have felt his LOVE on many occasions I have spent a lot of time on my knees talking and crying , telling him my fears and doubts, not asking him to take this trial from me but asking him to help me feel comforted and at peace with whatever the outcome was going to be. I feel very fortunate to have 5 HEALTHY CHILDREN, and the thought of Heavenly Father trusting me with so many of his small children is so fufilling to me. I LOVE YOU TALLIN (aka Tui), and if you can please make sure to always cuddle with me like you do now:o)

Here are a few pictures of Tui on his FINAL DAY in the NICU!!!

Today's Goal: GO HOME!!!! YAY

Grandma's blankey SOO much softer than the NICU blankets:)

"WHAT IS THIS THING"

you can barely see him under all of that blanket:)


mom and dad cant wait to get you HOME!



No comments:

Post a Comment