Tuesday, February 7, 2012

FHE NIGHT!!


Yep it was family night again!! Today our lesson was on consequences.. Great lesson for our boys. I found a really fun activity online and used that lesson with a few adjustments. The boys have been asking when we can have family night and play games again, I love to hear them say that they like FHE.. Makes me feel like they are learning something and like all of my hard work isn't for nothing.

opening prayer: Briyler

opening song: if your happy and you know it (looks like we will be adding that to the list of usuals), and Jesus wants me for a sun beam.

scripture: 2 Nephi 27-28

Lesson:  " STAD "  this was a great lesson. I printed out the green monster, which the boys loved. The green monster is the want monster, he tempts you to do only the things that you want to do and not always the things that you should do. The boys thought it was kinda funny. We read some of the different scenarios and the boys had to act out "STAD" Stop, Think what is the consequence going to be if i do this... , Ask is the consequence worth it... , Do the right thing.... we even got dad to act out a scenario:O) the boys especially love when dad does silly things for family home evening...




I was really surprised at how much the boys loved the game last night but i was even more surprised when ryker came home from school today and he said: "mom, I was playing on the playground and one of my friends hit me, and do you know what i did!!" me: "what did you do Ryke", ryker: "i did what we learned last night, STOP THINK AND DO THE RIGHT THING".. (yep i know he skipped a step) but I was THRILLED.. I'm sooo glad that he listened last night and not only did he listen he actually applied the lesson!                                                                                                                closing prayer : Ryker

Treat: was caramel popcorn

I have such a strong testimony of family home evening and how important it is.. I am soo glad that i set this goal for our family, my goal wasn't to just Have family home evening but to put time and preparation into the lesson and really choose subjects that would be helpful for my kids right now. Heavenly Father has blessed me soo much over the last couple of weeks and I know that he's proud of me for taking the extra time to teach my children the lessons that he would like them to learn:) I hope everyone has a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment