Tuesday, May 21, 2013

To my own Mother on Mother's Day.



We had an eventful mothers Day weekend and week to follow, which is why I am just now getting around to the post. :) The kids were all sick with something so it ended up just being Me, Ryker and Dugi at church on mothers day. Dad stayed home to take care of the rest of the kids while I tried to hold down the fort at church. Teaching 9, 4 yr olds has been quite the task for us this year. We have a great group of kids and they all get along pretty well so I'm convinced that it could be worse :)

After church we went straight home and helped get the kids down for naps and ohh what a treat nap time is... I finally got a few min while the kids were napping to take my own nap (BEST GIFT EVER), especially cause I've had a KILLER sinus infection the last few weeks, I woke up to Ryker bringing me the gifts he had made at school and church.. My VERY 1st hand print hot pad, a mom questionnaire, and a bag of chocolates... LOVE IT!! AND little Dugi hand prints made in nursery. :)

the boys gifts, CUTENESS!!


After naps we headed over to grandmas to celebrate with everyone. My great grandma Morgan came up for dinner as well as Grandma/Grandpa Hall. Dinner was at Mom's house so it was soo nice to have all of the "mom's/grandma's" in one place for us! We had a wonderful roast dinner, THANKS MOM, and stayed to hang out with Lexi and the grandma's for a few hours. Couldn't have been a more relaxed and perfect mothers day.

mom, Great grandma Morgan, me, Kynlie, and Lexi :)

me, Pippa, Mom, and Lex


I am soo blessed to have such wonderful women in my life. For as far back as I can remember I have always had some of the best YW leaders, aunts, and grandmothers that a girl could as for. They were always such great examples to me and most of them at one point or another during my crazy teenage years tried to help nudge me in the right direction. I was definitely one of the teens that thought my own mom knew NOTHING (BOY WAS I WRONG),.... but as amazing as all of those women are none of there examples has been more influential than my OWN MOTHER!! If you would have told me when I was in my late teens/early adulthood that I would ever feel this way I would probably laugh and call you crazy :) I was sure that I was "nothing like my mom," and now as the years go by I hope and pray that I can one day amount to even HALF of what my own mother is. She is the kind of women that puts everyone's needs before her own, she has always been such a great example at living the Gospel standards, she fulfils her callings (no matter what they are) with a smile on her face: Never complaining, she has taught herself to fix pretty much anything and everything around the house all on her own, she NEVER GIVES UP on anything or anyone for that matter, she is selfless and forgiving, she is GENEROUS to a fault. There is nothing she wouldn't give to make someone (especially one of her children) happy and pretty much anyone that knows her knows that. I never realised just how much my mom gave and just how hard she worked to raise us kids when we were younger but I can not thank her enough for everything that she did, for all of the time, effort and love that she showed. She literally gave us everything that she had and now that I have children of my own I realise just how hard that really is. So THANK YOU MOM!! Thank you for always being there for me, thank you for loving me unconditionally, thank you for being the BEST GRANDMA EVER and Thank you for teaching me what motherhood really is: SELFLESS, FORGIVING, and UNCONDITIONAL, you truly are a blessing in my life and I don't know what I would do without you! Happy Mothers Day!!

Mothers Day gifts for Mom and Mom in laws:) they loved the Glockets!

my moms jar of sunshine

i had to make myself one :)

my mothers day picture 1 week late:) Healthy kiddo's

I sure am one lucky Mama :)

No comments:

Post a Comment