Friday, May 10, 2013

Mothers Day, FHE



I know its a little late in the week but with everyone being sick around here we kind of PROCRASTINATED this weeks lesson.. Kaj was in charge of tonight's FHE, and honestly I was so surprised at how well he got ALL of the kids involved (that is a harder than it sounds at this age). He really did a great job. We decided to make this weeks lesson all about "Mothers" and I was SERIOUSLY soo excited be able to just sit back and listen.. :) I can get used to this ;)

Opening Prayer: Ryker

Lesson: Dad talked about all the roles that a Mother plays. He read the kids a great story called, "Hats off to Mothers". It also talked about the many "hats" a mother wears.. The kids didn't know exactly what this meant at first but by then end of the story they got it:) Moms DO A LOT: Mom is a Nurse, a Chef, a Chauffeur, a Detective, a Gardner,a Maid ect.. The lesson really showed the kids how much work goes into EVERY SINGLE day when your a mom, but I also wanted to make sure the kids knew how much I personally love serving them. One of my favorite quotes is..
          
                                     
I love my Calling and I feel truly blessed to have the opportunity to stay home with my children everyday. Nothing is more important to me than taking care of the sweet little spirits Heavenly Father has in trusted me with.
here's our Mother story.
 
You can see just how excited Dad and Tui are to be giving the lesson :)

Dugi up to no good. He is def in his TERRIBLE 2's the last couple of weeks.. Please grow out of this phase FAST :)

Kynlie pretending it didn't hurt when Dugi bit her :) She can turn on the charm, she was totally bawling like 2 seconds before this..


Briyler's face CRACKS ME UP!!! He actually said "mom this story is boring me", I can tell dude..


How Kaj got EVERY SINGLE kid to sit down at the table to listen to his lesson is beyond me.. THIS NEVER HAPPENS FOR ME!!
 


After the lesson Kaj brought out a game board. We read different situations and then had to decide if that was helpful to mom or not so helpful and then you got to move your game piece accordingly:) The kids played a few rounds but then they were SOOOO ready for DESSERT!!!

Dessert- I wanted to be in charge of dessert because I wanted to incorporate a "small act of kindness" for other mothers that are working so hard .. :) I had the kids decorate a cookie for one of "their" favorite mom's in the neighborhood (and by neighborhood i mean our culdesac only:). The kids all decorated there cookies and then we were OFF to make some special deliveries!! :) We of course saved the best cookie for last, this was by far the most special cookie we decorated tonight and it was the only one that went to someone that wasn't on our street. Can you guess who it is for?......... YEP GRANDMA!!!! Ohh how we love our grandma and all that she does for us.. (Seriously she is one of the BEST MOMS around, and honestly I am soo lucky to have her. )
After our little act of kindness, I brought out our NEW SNOW CONE MAKER!!! The kids have never seen or had a snow cone so they were over the moon for this new dessert! (i know sad.. what can i say we don't get out much:).. Such a great purchase (minus the fact that I have to hand turn the wheel to shave the ice) but the look on the kids face was WELL worth the hard work :) ..


The kids were soo proud of there work, they couldn't wait to take them to their favorite neighborhood moms.

and this is the BELOVED EXTRA SPECIAL COOKIE!! this one was for grandma :O)
 
And LOOK what happened this week ..

I"M SOO SAD!!! Tui is officially off of bottles and can now pull himself up to the furniture.. :( he looks like a little toddler here, I'm NOT READY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment