Monday, May 27, 2013

FHE with Grandpa Craig and Rykers REWARD :)


I had a SUPER fun FHE planned for this week but the weeks seem to be getting shorter and SHORTER :) We had a PLEASANT SURPRISE show up Thursday night, (the night we were supposed to have FHE), and then Friday was Rykers school performance and the "daddy date night" that I PROMISED Ryker he would get if he ate ALL of his lunch for a SOLID (3 days), THAT IS HUGE FOR HIM, so we decided to save our Fun activity for next week. Are you wondering what or WHO that pleasant surprise was?, well it was GRANDPA CRAIG (aka "the policeman grandpa")!!! Grandpa was driving through so we decided to meet up with him for a quick dinner. :O) Burger King is super close and has a play place for the kids so that's where we decided to go. The kids had a great time, playing on the jungle gym and Kaj and I enjoyed catching with Dad. I was soo focused on my food and the conversation that I didn't get any pictures of the kids having a good ol' time on the play set. Darn it! It was fun to see Ryker being such a great helper though, he walked around following Kynlie and Dugi and helping them around and up the stairs so they could go down the slide ... such a great big brother!

Of course before we could leave dinner we had to get a picture on the motor cycle!!! This is the kids FAVORITE THING EVER.. They love sitting on it and they really love watching Grandpa ride it, don't get that confused with them riding it, if they even hear the sound of grandpa getting out the keys when they are on it they make a run for it!! :) Way to loud and "scary" for them right now.. I'm ok if it stays that way forever, can we say DANGEROUS (especially if they have even an ounce of there Dad in them.. He let his "wild side" as a young adult come out when he was on his motor cycle..)

Ryker loving the "cycle"

Bri was soo excited when grandpa told him he could get on with his "best friend":)

Mom with grandpa and the kids

Dad is way better at doing this :)

BYE BYE to the jungle gym :( the kids were NOT HAPPY about this..
 
Friday morning was the end of the year Dance performance for the Ryker.. It was soo hard to get pictures during the performance but here is Ryker in his "men in black" get up.. :) They did a super cute dance and Ryker knew pretty much all the moves.. He ROCKED IT!!! and because we promised a super fun day for eating his lunches, I checked him out of school and let him have the WHOLE day to play outside.. That is A PERFECT day for this kid! :)


When I first tried to make the deal with Ryker I asked him what he would want in exchange for him eating his lunches and he told me ALL he wanted was to be able to see the movie "iron man 3" .. THIS IS SOOO NOT MY STYLE but I promised him that Dad would take him, if that's what he wanted.. (I mostly promised it because I was pretty convinced that there was NOTHING IN THIS WORLD that was going to motivate him enough to eat his FULL lunch, and by that I mean a full PB&J) .... We are going on month 3 of him coming home with his lunch box full and not even a bite out of his sandwich. GRRRR, I have given him EVERY consequence under the sun, including making him eat the sandwich for dinner, and NOTHING HAS WORKED... Well he showed me up, he ate his lunch 3 days in a row so I couldn't go back on my promise now... Dad took the boys to see the 7:30 showing of "Iron man" and THEY LOVED IT!! Glad they got it out of there system because movies like that aren't happening again! :) Its G and PG for those kiddo's :O)!!

Way past there bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment