Monday, January 28, 2013

Christmas


I absolutely LOVE the holiday season. We try not to go overboard on shopping or get to caught up in the stresses of the season hoping that will leave us with lots of time to be together and enjoy the simple blessings life brings us:) I LOVE spending time as a family, this year we have been able to focus on the true meaning of Christmas with the kids and what a blessing it has been. It has been so fun to see the kids taking on a new understanding of why we celebrate Christmas and what the "true meaning" really is. They are still young so I'm sure we will go through lots of "new understandings" but it is fun to watch them grow. I want our kids to know how important it is to GIVE, (not only during the holiday season) but especially during this time of year. This year has been more than humbling for our family, we have received numerous anonymous gifts which have made it possible for our kids to have a Christmas this year. I can not express in words how grateful I am to each and every person for their small and BIG acts of kindness towards our family but I can say that although I cant pay it back immediately I can pay it forward .. and I can make sure that my children grow up learning the importance of service and generosity.  This year we have seen the temple lights, acted out the nativity, drove around the see the lights on the "polar express" ( aka: dodge durango style) :), I am lucky that Kaj has always LOVED this time of year so he really initiates a lot of the activities that we do, the kids love to see dad get so excited and involved in our activities and it is super fun for me too :)

I have been having a hard time uploading pictures so hopefully i can fix that asap.. (I am super behind on the whole blogging thing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment